Writing on photographs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dom,
Windows Paint, simple and quick.
You'll find it in the Start menu, under programs in "accessories". Look in Paint help file index for text.

Jeff.

Dom

All I do is cut and paste the pic to a word document and use word facilities to write on the pic.

I'm sure there are other ways to do this, but thats my method, hopefully someone will come up with an easier way.

I have a number of professional packages that can do this - if you only have a few you can email them to me and I'll caption them for you.

Dom,
the quickest way is to use the paint brush tool when you have a photograph up on the screen in your imaging program and just write or print the graffiti or whatever.
Otherwise use the text tool (usually the icon "A" on the tool bar )

Aha.

TickTock.jpg

Thank you gents.

Dom :)

Waka":1z5d18z0 said:
Dom

All I do is cut and paste the pic to a word document and use word facilities to write on the pic.

I'm sure there are other ways to do this, but thats my method, hopefully someone will come up with an easier way.

Very neat, Waka...

Waka":2n6uypkp said:
Dom

Hi waka, I am trying to perform your instructions above, could you explain further please. ( I have not been successful.)

If you (cut or copy) and paste a picture into Word you can then add text using a text box (found on the 'Drawing toolbar via 'View>toolbars>drawing if not visible) Make sure that the text box has a nil border and background by right clicking > format object

If it helps I'll do a pictorial instruction for you

Pete

Okee Dokee.....

If this doesn't make sense let me know.

wordinimage.jpg

When you first open Word the 'Drawing Toolbar' may already be displayed. Usually it is at the bottom of the screen.

If in doubt, hold your cursor over the different icons in the toolbar and the name of the tool will pop up.

Hope this helps,

Pete

Seen above reply and will give it a go later today.

Thanks.

I think I will make a folder in My Documents titled "working instructions from web" and paste into things like yours. :wink:

Had a go at the text instruction above, but I cannot get the "format text box" option or see it.
Got to the toolbar at the bottom of the screen as per your instructions.

My version of word is 2003, perhaps its not a full version.

But dont break sweat on it because I usually use my text tool in paint shop pro, or Serif Page plus.

Hi Devon,

When you have created the text box, move your cursor over the border until it (the cursor) becomes a cross. Right click and the contextual menu should pop up with the 'Format Textbox' option in it.

Personally I only use tyhis method if I am already working in Word as I use a graphic programme as well.

Pete

Bodrighy":acujopqk said:
Hi Devon,

When you have created the text box, move your cursor over the border until it (the cursor) becomes a cross. Right click and the contextual menu should pop up with the 'Format Textbox' option in it.

Personally I only use tyhis method if I am already working in Word as I use a graphic programme as well.

Pete

Thanks again Pete. Now I have found the border to do the right click I now get the format text box and success.

I think I will stay with PSP. Also never needed Microsoft Word so very ignorant of its facilities. Never realised there was basic photographic manipulation in there as well.

Pete

Interesting idea about using Word to write on pictures but how do you then save the pictures for use elsewhere, such as on this forum for example?

regards

Brian

brianhabby":15yqzg31 said:
Pete

Interesting idea about using Word to write on pictures but how do you then save the pictures for use elsewhere, such as on this forum for example?

regards

Brian

Easiest way is to copy it in Word then paste into Paint and save as a jpeg into My Pictures or some appropriate foler

Pete

Latest posts

Back