Would this make a good referb project? (Wadkin)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it weren't at the ends of the earth, then maybe. Depends on what it goes for, I suppose. Just remember that on top of the eBay price you'll need to add £80 or so for a pallet delivery (and you'll to get it down the steps into your shed, Byron - a none too light 275kg). With it being single phase bet it doesn't go cheap (well it wouldn't, it's not a budgie....)

Scrit

Byron,

I think that is an AGS, the like mine. I paid £300 pounds and then had to do the single phase motor swap. I got mine picked up by my son in-law, 6 blokes put it on to the van, but only 2 of us took it off, scary. Its a very good saw but it will take up a lot of space in your shop.
I would ask the seller what size single phase motor it has and for the numbers from the Wadkin plate on the front of the cabinet, it will give a guide as to how old it is and size of blade it was designed to take.

:lol: Someone has asked whether it would fit in the back of a volvo V50 ESTATE :shock:

Byron, I'm curious. Your Festool setup seems to have coped admirably with all that you've thrown at it - I wonder what is tempting you into buying a tablesaw.

Dave

aha.. where did I say I was going to buy it for the workshop? :lol:

In all seriousness, it was very cheap when I last looked at and considered maybe tarting it up and selling on if it went for a cheap enough price, as you say Dave my festool setup so far has done everything I wanted of it so no need for a TS for me yet.. a bandsaw however is a different matter :)

Dave S":2y6y403o said:
:lol: Someone has asked whether it would fit in the back of a volvo V50 ESTATE :shock:
Fat chance!

Scrit

I would MAKE it fit! 8)

It's seriously too big for my shop though.
I have a 10" Coronet saw attachment, that copes with up to 2" and a bit, using green oak, without a murmur. So I won't be trading that in anytime soon.

The restoration of the Wadkin would be fun though, and one might even make some extra on resale?
Hopefully, says he!

John :D

nola, do you have in WIP pics? Would love to hear more about your experience with the referb and any potential problems you have come across.

Back