would this be worth it

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stairman

Established Member
Reaction score
would this be worth £500

Poolewood 28 -40 Superlathe with 1 H.P. motor mounted on dedicated Poolewood bench. Swivel headstock and continuously variable speed range from 250 rpm to approx 2700 rpm.

2. Separate floor standing rest for large diameter work.

3. 3 tool rests including a Heavy Duty curved bowl rest.

4. 4 live tail stock centres, all HD, and a selection of drive centres with Morse tapers.

5. Poolewood Sanding Table attachment with 10" disc.

6. 1/2 inch HD drill chuck on Morse taper.

7. Axminster Super Precision chuck system, with 2 sets of stepped jaws, 1 set dovetail jaws, 1 set wood adaptor plates, 1screw chuck adaptor.

8. Multistar Duplex chuck with 3 sets of jaws, screwchuck adaptor, and 2 sets of made up wooden jaws.

9. A selection of approx 20 High Speed Steel gouges, scrapers, skew chisels, parting tools and multi tip scraper.

Yes,definitely - average HSS chisels are £15 - £20 each,so just the chisels and the chuck would cost about £500 if bought new.
If they are all in good condition,its like getting the lathe and accesories for free :D

Andrew

thanks PowerTool & speanwoody so now now to convince the wife

We are going on a 5 day woodturning course in 3 weeks time (would hate to miss a bargain)

Thanks again

If it goes for anything near that starting price that would be an amazing buy. At double that plus hiring a van and a round trip of 7-800 miles I would probably consider it if I hadn't just booked next years hols :)
cd

It went for £650 - At that price it should be collected on horseback with the new owner in a mask!!!

A real result for the winner, so is there a ak200ultra among us??

:lol:

well Wife stated the turning course we are going on in a weeks time was to decide if we liked woodturning and there for we should not buy anything till after
I managed to perswad her to let me put a bid of £560 which I upped top £610
The winning bid was but in in the last few seconds and could possibly have had a £2000 max on it

So who is the highway man those that did not bid and push up the price or the lucky sod that won it

Latest posts

Back