World Cup - Fans and fanatics thread.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor

Established Member
Reaction score
I am at fever pitch waiting for the world cup to start, it will be the high light of my year.

I understand from the original "world cup" thread that some of you nancy boys would rather watch supermarket sweep, or play shove half penny, or discuss your honing guide collection.

However for the folks which adore the worlds most popular sporting activity and applaud the skills of the athletes involved ( please don't go on about overpaid ponces, we all know they are overpaid, but at the end of the day if you don't like football then you are contributing nowt to their wages, unlike the bankers, civil servants etc)

Are they poncy, yes but, they do have to face leg breaking tackles, which I wouldn't want to try. (I know you nancies laugh in the face of danger, the stories i've heard told on here about chipped nails and splinters the size of thunderbugs.

Anyway I have drifted off track, WHO DO YOU THINK WILL WIN

I reckon.......... Holland or Spain.

Balls! Beer on standby, bring on the Yanks. Time booked off work, lifts arranged, favours being banked. Come on!!

My chips are on either Brazil or Spain.... As for Rugby; it's a bit of a girly sport, always has been and always will be...

I can't see anybody beyond Spain or Brazil.

Come on ENGLAND prove me wrong :D :D :D

Harry

I'm really looking forward to it. I just hope we can go all the way...

Somehow, I don't think it will be England lifting the trophy, this year... We're never properly prepared as we play far too many friendlies in our own country... :p Plus, ever manager seems to make fundamental errors in squad selection (don't get me started on Heskey or Crouch!! :wink:). They'll probably blame it on the weather of altitude, this time... :roll:

Spain look like the favourites, to me. Holland always promise but rarely come close to delivery, these days. I'd say the same about Argentina, as well.

I've already settled with the idea that england won't progress past the 2nd round, so I'm ambivelent about our chances - which are zero to none with Gerrard and Lampard in the same midfield and Heskey up front.

I'd like to see Brazil or the Dutch do it, but would love a real outsider like Uruguay or Chile

I've managed to clear most of my work for tomorrow, so i'll be streaming the opening ceremony and the starting game - result!

I never thought i`d say it Doc, but

COME ON FRANCE... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do mexico play football? :lol: :lol:

Doug B":1p347wto said:

COME ON FRANCE... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Mexico are gonna win big boy. You may have won the cheaters france in the sweepstake but you are going out in the 1st round

harryc":1feii3pe said:
must have got too dark in the workshop to hone their planes for the 10th time today :D

Harry

Not at all, I just thought 10 times was sufficient. No need to obsess about these things is there?

THE WORLD CUP STARTS TOMORROW! I only get to say that once every 4 years and it's effing awesome! I'll watch every single game that I possibly can!

I think it's great that no-ones giving England a chance. We support them all the way in everything and although we hope and prey that they will do it, we just can't see it happening.

For the last few big tournaments we've all said - "It's the best chance they've had for years!" and they've not delivered..... You can be the best team in the world but you still need that little bit of luck. This year they may just do it. Who knows?

If I had to put a thousand pounds on a team I would be looking at Argentina, Spain or Brazil. But then again - turnip it!

COME ON ENGLAND!

Mattty":295tos5q said:
Doug B":295tos5q said:

Hey Mexico are gonna win big boy. You may have won the cheaters france in the sweepstake but you are going out in the 1st round

Not with the mighty Zinedine zidane

Escudo":28pwkio1 said:
Please can I climb aboard...........(closet football fan).

I promise to do some good mincing around :)

Author part 1 :oops:

NO.

You started it, now go and stand in the corner; and don't come out until you have learned the error of your ways.

:lol:

Latest posts

Back