Workshop walls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rough doorway space is a meter wide, and I was planning a 90cm door. If I make it much wider, then it will start to eat into the windows I have planned, and spoil the aesthetic of the front of the workshop. More practically, the access by the side of our house is limited in width, so anything that won't fit fit through a 90cm wide door is not going to make it to the back yard anyway.

Maybe I should start a thread in the Workshops build forum and post some more pics there. I am in the middle of tiling the roof at the moment.

The rough doorway space is a meter wide, and I was planning a 90cm door. If I make it much wider, then it will start to eat into the windows I have planned, and spoil the aesthetic of the front of the workshop. More practically, the access by the side of our house is limited in width, so anything that won't fit fit through a 90cm wide door is not going to make it to the back yard anyway.

Maybe I should start a thread in the Workshops build forum and post some more pics there. I am in the middle of tiling the roof at the moment.
Would be keen to see this

I used the product called Caberfloor,it is smooth and takes paint well
If it’s going over joists I think I would prefer something like t&g OSB, it’s that bit stronger for a workshop, particularly if you’re having big lumps of cast-iron on it. Ian
I used 18 mil over joists eight years ago and it still fine btw.

How are you going to get all your machines in? Never gonna' get a bridgeport through that door :unsure:

This forum is a funny place, I'm moving to Regina.

I guessed you has a Canadian link when you started talking about "stucco" 😄

All the best with your shop build.

I know there is a large group of wood turners in Regina, not sure about a woodworking one but lots of turners do both. If you want I will send you a link to their site.

Pete

I painted my OSB walls white for more light. I am going to turn or replace them though as I like the warm look of OSB. I would like to use Cellotex or similar for insulation but will put in Rockwool. I am goint to clad the outside and will also put a waterproof membranbe between the cladding and wall. My workshop is a little cold and damp sometimes and if I leave mychisels over winter, they get a little rusty.

Warm smarm. Tinted safety glasses are much less work and cost. 😉

Pete

Back