Workshop pics - third time lucky!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mahking51":17zid7fc said:
Even if I have to drive there I must see this workshop!!!!! :) :)
Please try again with the pics :lol:
Regards
martin

1.jpg

Have inserted another pic of lipping on doors for router table, hope it works.

Hi - no problem, send me a PM for address and phone no - Rob

devonwoody":84xzfl5h said:
Pictures are there using internet explorer. :)

No they are not, (Oh yes they are) Oh No thei... not in this neck of the woods anyway.

They were just before the tidy-up.

Hi Rob,

I can now see the pictures and your avatar, is that plane yours? :mrgreen:

If it is, how about some bigger pictures and some details?

HI woodbloke,
Is that a Kity saw I spy in your workshop ( I am looking to get a new saw myself ) and I am asking what you think of it .
Ps Welcome to the forum :oops: :)

norris.jpg

Hi - glad everything appears to be working well now. This is a pic of my A2 Norris panel plane. Its one of the last to be produced and I think dates from the 50's shortly before the factory closed, although by that time I think it was a 'one man and his dog' sort of operation. I am not sure if the steelwork has been dovetailed, though the infill is not rosewood, rather a very icky finished mahogany. Still, it is a Norris and in excellent condition and has had very little use over the last 50 odd years, as you can see by the wear on the varnished woodwork. Its my principal plane in the workshop that does most of my planing operations, weight is about 10 - 12 lbs, though not sure, heavy on the arms after a while. - Rob

Colin C":12sttqid said:
HI woodbloke,
Is that a Kity saw I spy in your workshop ( I am looking to get a new saw myself ) and I am asking what you think of it .
Ps Welcome to the forum :oops: :)

Yup, that's my Kity 419 plus extension tables. Very good saw IMO with good build quality. Very accurate provided its not abused, ie you need to keep checking that everything is square and true before doing something important. Its only a 200mm blade so I wish it were a little bigger though, mine is fitted with a 36T blade. I have seen the comparable Electra B saw which seem flimsy by comparison IMHO. Plenty of capacity for board/panel cutting with the extension tables. Saw and planer (439) both recommended by F&C, so good enough for me :D - Rob

Some of them are, some of them aren't up for me. Unless you have been changing the photo names or folders etc, Photobucket is just rubbish.

I think some of us must have their security set too high. (mine is medium and everything above is viewable)

Either that or you've got a nasty dose of something. :roll:

DW, do shift and page reload and then see if you can see them - my bet is you're seeing what's in your cache. Like Jake, some I see, some I don't.

Nice hunk o' Norris there, Rob. There's some Norris info here, fwiw. I'm no infill expert, but I would guess it's an A1? Unless they changed the numbers round in their twilight years - nothing would surprise me.

Cheers, Alf

Alf - thanks for that, I always thought it was an A2 but looking at the info link I can see that your'e right and its an A1 panel plane. Wish you could pay those prices tho'........... :wink: - Rob

Rob, not bad for a first image in thread.

I can't understand why there are so many difficulties with photobucket. I have been using it here for all my posted images for at least 2 years.

Andy

Latest posts

Back