Workshop organisation - share ideas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuffimade

Established Member
Reaction score
Good morning Ladies and Gents,
Here is my latest step in getting my workshop organised.
Its a small parts organiser.

WATCH THE BUILD VIDEO HERE :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vLe6vbcfJM

PLEASE SHARE YOUR tips and workshop organisation ideas through the medium of image or video.

SmallParts.jpg

Attachments

• SmallParts.jpg
    SmallParts.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 208
Great idea Geoff and nicely made, I'd need to label the boxes though 'cos I'd forget what's in them.

I'm lucky enough to have aquired 2 large and 2 small cabinets as in the pics (left of the bandsaw and left of tablesaw), or I might have copied that. My workshop always seems to be in a state of flux :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 163
Wow that is a very tidy worshop! Nice post!

Lons":3m5zl6lw said:
Great idea Geoff and nicely made, I'd need to label the boxes though 'cos I'd forget what's in them.

I'm lucky enough to have aquired 2 large and 2 small cabinets as in the pics (left of the bandsaw and left of tablesaw), or I might have copied that. My workshop always seems to be in a state of flux :oops:

Nice video. You've probably spent more on the FatMax organisers than i have on most of my tools. :)

Nice video. I think we can safely say there is no danger of those runners coming apart! I am always impressed by other people's workshops. Like this one they are always much better than mine!

I like the plastic box storage trays ideas (and they keep the dust out) but I would have to label them. In my shop I have a wooden engineers tool chest with I think 16 drawers. I always have to open about three drawers to find what I am looking for, even though I am very tidy! I also like the way the dust extraction is fed around the shop to take off points. I have not managed that yet.

I do use the FatMax for screws, nails and small components, though I keep them in a drawer. Plus a jar that odd ones go in, periodically sorted back into the FatMaxes.

I just use four, so I can just about remember screws, big screws, nails, and oddments!

Keith

nice bit of organisation, I have to agree I love the fatmax organisers, I prefer the deep ones as they can accommodate large bolts etc as well as the small stuff.
I can't stand those units with 1000's of tiny drawers as i had them fall over and spray their thousands of tiny contents everywhere!!
I am also a big advocate of sealed or enclosed storage because theres nothing worse than using a router etc and then finding you've covered all your tools in a mountain of dust despite having extractors running etc!!
When I get round to it, I'll be making a U shaped run of low units (drawers and cupboards) and wall cupboards and shelves, much like you would in a kitchen. I find that clear workspace is always at a premium in my shop.
However given how much money the drawer runners are likely to come to, it's not high on the to do list lol :D

Back