Workshop move

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinlightfoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks just an update on my move from Stoke to Mansfield,it's been 9 weeks since I moved from my lovely large workshop to a dark and electrically useless double garage.Last week I finally got an electrician to come and install a new house consumer unit and a new independent unit in my garage come wip to make a workshop,he wired up half a dozen double fluorescent lights.Now I can actually see what I am doing I have installed socket and 16 amp radial circuits ready for the electrician to connect up for me God only knows how long it will take,he seems to be so busy and the cost of course is astronomical.However I am slowly getting there and hopefully I will soon be able to walk around without tripping over extension cables! By the way anyone thinking of buying a house be very careful and don't believe a word the seller tells you I used to be a trusting soul but the nightmare I have had putting the house in just habitable condition has mostly been down to the previous owners being Catain Bodge it and Mistress tight purse,just take a little advice from alittle older but much wiser victim of the dreaded house vendor and next to useless surveyor.i will try to keep alittle more up to date with the forum and keep anyone who may be alittle interested up to date with the progress of my workshop.Anyway Emmerdale is coming on so I will say goodnight and sleep tight.Kevin.

Try and put your feet up this evening!

I don't trust any estate agents, financial advisors etc. I hope you manage to sort out all the rubbish in the house. Get your workshop sorted and at least have a bit of sanctuary down there. You should be able to get more fixed and sorted with a bit of light and power down there. Get clever with the extension leads and run them up and over so you're not risking your neck every day.

I guess you picked a good house in a nice area. You'll get all the small stuff sorted and be able to enjoy it soon.

Have a good weekend

Happens to us all. We started some building work at ours last year and the bodges I found by the previous owner were shocking most notably, two doors with no lintels above them at all, sleeper walls for the utility conversion made by stacking bricks on top of one another with no mortar and loft flooring used as main flooring in parts of the house. There were also some interesting wiring conversions and dodgy cable routes. :shock: trust me one day you will sit back knowing everything is sorted properly and be happy with the result. Good luck!

Well it's been another busy week for me ,wiring completed and ready for the professionals to connect and test the circuits for me,assembly table finally has a top on it and my graduate is reassembled and ready for work .Th workshop is beginning to take shape and the next job is to sort out my dust extraction .My old shop had duct work to the saw and planer but that won't be possible now and I will have to make do with keeping the extractor moveable and use a flexible hose.Now things are getting organised I wish I had kept my Sedgwick table saw and I am looking to renew as soon as I can afford,I will have to manage with the bandsaw for awhile unless one appears on our favourite website.I will try to update next week and see if I can figure out how to put on a few pictures for anyone who's interested in my progress.Kev.

Latest posts

Back