Workshop Lighting Motion Detector

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curtisrider

Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to install motion detectors in my new workshop as I tend to get distracted and leave the lights on and I walk out and do something else....

I will have 3 seperate lighting circuits, with about 4-6 fluorescent light fittings per circuit. I can't seem to find a suitable motion sensor for my requirements, but then they may not exist! There's some in the America but these obviously aren't suitable for a UK circuit. Anybody able to link me up to one or recommend another solution (other than remembering to turn the lights off...).

Cheers in advance!

Superb, thank you chaps! Wattage per circuit will be 3-400watts depending on how many lights I decide to go with. I'm going to hook a few up and experiment to see if the output is how I want it. I'm using a few old 8 foot 100watt fittings because they were free, saves me a massive amount over new ones but also means i'll be using lots of energy...

There is always somewhere you can stand and wave your arms and the detector won't see you....usually where there is a lots of trip hazards.

deema":1zf6omdl said:
There is always somewhere you can stand and wave your arms and the detector won't see you....usually where there is a lots of trip hazards.
You could use a microwave detector. They can sense through obstructions.

If you wanted to use a microwave detector, you can do all this with a decent burglar alarm, anything that's got relay outputs and is programmable. You wire the output to a relay, take the relay to a daylight sensor, then to the switch. Program it to open the relay output on detection, then use a timer to program how long the light stays on. Simple.

Back