Workshop heating

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those anti-fatigue mats are really good for hard concrete floors, I used to double them up when slaving over a router table etc but I was lucky to salvage a very good adjustable office stool out of a skip. It extends upto three feet high and I generally use it when doing a lot of repeat routing on the table, no more pain in leg backs and knees...I'm getting old :)

Dr are they the perforated type or solid. I was put off the perforated due to the problems of cleaning up. Still wish i had a wooden floor !! :mrgreen:

Bean

I went for the solid ones but I put a couple of 8'x4' sheets of sterling board down first to make the floor more bearable to stand on especially during the winter months :wink:

on the heating subject i've got the smallest propane fan heater from machinemart/clarke running from the small calor propane cylinder that I use for my plumbing blowlamp - takes my 12x16 shed from freezing to sauna in about 10 minutes, then I have to shut it off and leave the door ajar for the next hour as it cools down...but as I usually only get to spend an hour or so at a time work its nice to get it warm quickly. Running for such a short burst I also don't really get much of the condensation problem you often get with LPG heaters...

Those anti-fatigue mats are really good for hard concrete floors,..

I can second the above . I got the ones from axminster ( 3 packs) and that adequately covers the space where I work. A big improvement on warmth and comfort :)

Hi Tony
It looks like a nice workshop with some nice kit
I see your insulation
I'll check it out
Cheers

Back