Workshop build

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI i had isolated and taped the SFS but some bright spark removed the tape and switched on as i was working

been there....suffered that... still got the scars...

it's surprising just how quickly a bunc of tools can make a huge shop seem.... not so big afterall... progress... gotta love it...

custom bench AP...????

After all the talk on other threads a custom bench looks favourite . Still to sort out, Bench, doors for storage units, Grinding sharpening polishing station, wall cabinets for hand tools, DE ducting and machine placment . But once all the clutter is off the floor i still should have a fair bit of room even with the cupbord at the end i got about 9m X 5m room up the middle

space enough to fit my shop into yours at least 5 tmes over.....

not that I'm jealous..... nuh uhhh...nae mee.....

I just gotta figure out the size , style, shape and config of the bench i want to build :oops: i was quite chuffed with my cramp/clamp and abrasive paper holder made from 6 x 2 and 3 broom handles :lol:

i was quite chuffed with my cramp/clamp and abrasive paper holder made from 6 x 2 and 3 broom handles

:lol:

Gotta love the simple solutions.. I remember one of my first eureka moments, trying to resolve what to do with the scrap pieces generated my my first project while getting more and more annoyed with tripping over my own "no other place to go" clamps. The project scrap consisted of about 40 9" right angled triangular pieces of 18mm ply, offcuts from mitred corners of the shelves I'd built. Then it hit me... all I needed to do was cut a backboard, biscuit joint these triangles to it at a suitable pitch and tah dahhh.... quick and ugly wall mounted clamp rack that sits over the router table. I think it used something like 30 of the triangles, generating a ton of capacity on the offcuts shelf. 2 years on, it still has some capacity left; currently it's holding something like 18 off 3 footers, 8 off 5 footers and my 3 roller stands... only down side was that the damn thing weighed so much that I blew out my back when it came time to screw it to the wall...

Looking good AP.

Now you have moved in the same saw as I have it gives a point of reference for the size of the place. I'm very envious.

Regards

Roy

Shop is looking very nice indeed. Bet you can't wait to cut wood in there :).

Pete (who was temporarily stunned by the electricity discussion but feeling better now)

Got a bit more done tonight but i need a good tidy up out there :shock: still i am hoping to start 2 projects on monday evening , will post some more pics saturday or sunday

Back