Workshop Break and enter and steal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawtooth-9

Established Member
Reaction score
Unusual for this area, but lost about $ 3,000 of tools from the workshop.
We know who did it, but police forensics are still working on DNA testing - so no proof as yet.
Now I have to lock everything away each day - not a nice feeling.
Insurance claim is a hassle.
But now I have a nice piece of 3 x 2 with a couple of 4 inch nails, to defend any further home intrusions !
It's sad that people are so fuked up on drugs - but I have NO sympathy.
Items can be replaced, but it really does mess with the way you live your daily life.
I guess this is a problem worldwide.

In the uk they come back in a few weeks when you have replaced your tools with new ones 🤨 if you can put up cctv you may recognise them.
Thanks, but we know who did it.
So do the local police, but it's a matter of proof.
He has done quite a few break ins in this area recently.
He will make mistakes and will end up back in prison again - unless , of course, someone gets to him first.

Thanks, but we know who did it.
So do the local police, but it's a matter of proof.
He has done quite a few break ins in this area recently.
He will make mistakes and will end up back in prison again - unless , of course, someone gets to him first.
That’s very annoying, chap I knew had a hilti drill stolen from is van and offered to him in pub later that night. Didn’t end well for the low life trying to sell in on. 🙂

sorry to hear that, in the UK far too many burglaries have no conclusion and nobody is prosecuted, hope the mofo gets prosecuted.

Does anyone have any experience with SmartWater? Are their claims just snake-oil?

And a question to moderators - as we have more of these types of threads, sadly, can we have a crime & prevention forum where we can all share ideas to protect ourselves in one place - rather than having it scattered across many forums?

Does anyone have any experience with SmartWater? Are their claims just snake-oil?

And a question to moderators - as we have more of these types of threads, sadly, can we have a crime & prevention forum where we can all share ideas to protect ourselves in one place - rather than having it scattered across many forums?
That sounds like a good idea.
There are issues about how we protect our workshops and there are issues as to how we deal with the personal invasion.
How to deal with the insurance aspect is one thing, but the personal threat and the trauma of dealing with the potential threat of future invasions is very real.
It seems like this is a problem in all countries now, so I would urge the moderators to consider where they could be of help.

Unusual for this area, but lost about $ 3,000 of tools from the workshop.
We know who did it, but police forensics are still working on DNA testing - so no proof as yet.
Now I have to lock everything away each day - not a nice feeling.
Insurance claim is a hassle.
But now I have a nice piece of 3 x 2 with a couple of 4 inch nails, to defend any further home intrusions !
It's sad that people are so fuked up on drugs - but I have NO sympathy.
Items can be replaced, but it really does mess with the way you live your daily life.
I guess this is a problem worldwide.
Sorry to hear of your break in... hope you get sorted quickly.
You can use a baseball bat, but don't add the nails. If its a baseball bat, its sports equipment. If its got nails through it, it's purely an offensive weapon.
How about fitting an external spring and locking mechanism so if anyone goes in, it locks from outside? Steel grates on any windows and youve got yourself a rat trap. 🐀

I have suggested this before, relating to insurance etc. No go.

I've used SmartWater for years ............ simply because as Henry Ford said about advertising - we know half the money spent is wasted but we don't know which half. Which garage door is is an opportunist burglar going to burst open - mine or my neighbours. A couple of quid a week.

You can use a baseball bat, but don't add the nails. If its a baseball bat, its sports equipment. If its got nails through it, it's purely an offensive weapon.
My mother many years ago was advise by a senior police officer to keep a claw hammer and a few picture hooks on her bedside cabinet - no one could ever prove the hammer was intended to be used as a weapon.

Sorry to hear of your break in... hope you get sorted quickly.
How about fitting an external spring and locking mechanism so if anyone goes in, it locks from outside? Steel grates on any windows and youve got yourself a rat trap. 🐀
Agree 4 inch nails may not be the best way to go.

We can get some 6 inch twist nails, which will work even better !
I think that's what' they called crucification !

They are gal coated, and do not suffer , too much, from blood stains !

Cable ties, also help with a citizens arrest - but if this "creature" ever appears again -arrest and the law is irrelevant -.

"Are you feeling lucky today, punk -Go ahead, make my day "

Unfortunately a smackhead probably won't feel much pain and you'll have to be fast on your feet to win a scrap with those types.... they are often getting into scrapes, so they'll be quicker than your average civvy 🤷‍♂️ a customer of mine was a prison warden and he said the inmates are much quicker than most screws for that reason, always fighting or dodging trouble

Agree 4 inch nails may not be the best way to go.

We can get some 6 inch twist nails, which will work even better !
I think that's what' they called crucification !

They are gal coated, and do not suffer , too much, from blood stains !

Cable ties, also help with a citizens arrest - but if this "creature" ever appears again -arrest and the law is irrelevant -.

"Are you feeling lucky today, punk -Go ahead, make my day "
But those are too long for the average subhuman to step on your painting aid board.

Unfortunately a smackhead probably won't feel much pain and you'll have to be fast on your feet to win a scrap with those types.... they are often getting into scrapes, so they'll be quicker than your average civvy 🤷‍♂️ a customer of mine was a prison warden and he said the inmates are much quicker than most screws for that reason, always fighting or dodging trouble
Think you are right, but as it turns out, I am not your average "civvy"
Did more training than your average screw, and even though a little older - It's not just speed, but knowing which part of the anatomy to target.
Believe me, any "smackhead" feels PAIN !

My mother many years ago was advise by a senior police officer to keep a claw hammer and a few picture hooks on her bedside cabinet - no one could ever prove the hammer was intended to be used as a weapon.
My cousin ex force, he advised the extra large very heavy Mag lite torch, really wouldn't fancy getting coshes with one of them!

Mind you best advise I ever got was when we were in Spain and got burgled, Police turned up, there advise if you ever catch them in your home was knee cap them, throw them in the pool, they drown, no problem !

if it was the UK he'd walk out with a smack on the wrist...
those scumbags dont get much for murder or messing with kids.......Rochdale 6.........

whats needed is an island penal colony, no warders just leave em to it....
just feed em raw meat, oh thats too expensve now so they can eat each other.....
dump all the confiscated drugs by helicopter and just leave em to it.....
preferably in some shark infested waters laced with chum......
who needs em....?

Back