Workbench upgrade for #1 Son

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn pete

Established Member
Reaction score
How many of you have a spot carved out in your shop for your budding woodworkers?

http://secondwindworkshop.blogspot.com/ ... bench.html

It’s fun to watch the boy “work”, and even though things take twice as long when he “helps” I wouldn’t trade the time for anything.

Attachments

• use this_003.JPG
    use this_003.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 1,334
Nice set up for your son,as you say the time spent helping (hindering) is not to be traded, my grandson who has just turned 5 will spend hours with me in the workshop,i never seem to get much done (lucky its a hobby and not my job or i would be broke lol) but we have a great time together.

Soon to be moving and will setup a dedicated bench for the boy. Currently he'll turn over any box and use that. Resourceful yes, but the contents of said box seems un important to him! :)

Like you said, wouldn't miss a second of that shared time together. Even the obligatory, "dont touch that" or "please dont throw those" moments.

:lol: "Don't sand the tools" "Don't glue that to the table" There are lots of those little "whoa" moments, but all part of the teaching process...shop skills for him, patience for me! :)

Pete,

Did you make any more progress on the red and blue chair?

Mark

Some progress. Lots of vacation and work travel over the past four months, so it's been slower going than I had hoped. All the joinery is done and the dowel tenons are cut and fit. I still need to go pick up some Baltic Birch ply for the seats and backs and then it's on to assembly.

It's crunch time at work as we prepare next year's budget, but we have a pretty good schedule laid out that should defend our weekends...somewhat! :)

Back