Workbench, Assembly and Down-draft Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonytygwyn

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to build a multi purpose table to use in my shop. A combination workbench, assembly and down-draft Table. The Frame has been made from off cuts of douglas fir which were the left over from the rafter ends from re-roofing the barn, and a couple of sheets of 9mm mdf and Ply. The table measures 1.2m x 2m.

This is the progress so far
20160609_172223.jpg

20160609_172234.jpg

20160609_172246.jpg

I'm going to wire 2 gang socket to each side end corner so there will be plenty of power points. The top is going to be a sheet of MDF with 20mm holes in a grid, drilled through.

The blast gate handle is going to come through the top I hope its not going to get in the way to much.

The open sides are for storage which I'm crying out for. Drawers, open shelves or doors, I haven't decide yet.

Not sure whether to fit any vices?

Anthony

Really nice Idea,

For an assembly table flatness is important could you have some more grid support for under your 18 mm top ? definitely one down the middle over the slot for the dust extraction, shouldn't effect air flow.

regards Richard

Latest posts

Back