Work zone table saw fence upgrade?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smeghead

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
i have an old aldi work zone table saw (rubbish i know, but best i can afford), but the fence is a steaming pile of ...... !
i'd really like to upgrade it but no idea how.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Im not familiar with the saw, but theres a couple of aftermarket options, listed as universal fence upgrades from charnwood and axminster.
Or you could get ambitious and make your own....

I have a feeling that a fence upgrade would be over investing on a cheap saw so its likely down to getting the best out of whats there. Some pictures of the saw would help as aldi have done a few models over the years so we need to see the fence arrangement to have an idea of what there is to work with. Also describe the way the fence is not performing.
Regards
John

I'm not familiar with the Aldi saw, but I massively overengineered an upgrade for my ubiquitous Sip/Clarke 10" bench saw which will be very similar, I'd guess?

I built it into a large piece of worktop to extend the table, then fabricated a "beismeyer clone" fence from angle iron + square box section steel.

IMG_20190314_114807.jpgIMG_20190313_172639.jpg

Build thread here:
https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/threads/table-saw-fence.89786/

I have the same one, I think mine is branded Rexon. The fence that comes with it is ok for small stuff. For anything bigger I just use a piece of 4x2 with a length of steel angle let in on one side and clamp it to the bed with the cartridge gun type clamps. I have also have a bigger deck made of a piece of worktop, and have let two cheap metre rulers into the surface as reference points, great for cutting sheets.

Back