Work Boots

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been wearing the Switchbacks for a couple of days now and they’re quite comfy and fit really well straight out of the box so it seems to be a win.

Best bit is that they’re making all the lasses heads turn! Yeah, I mean there’s only like one lass per five square miles around here and at the moment I’m lucky if I spot one in a week... but still! :cool:

Been wearing the Switchbacks for a couple of days now and they’re quite comfy and fit really well straight out of the box so it seems to be a win.

Best bit is that they’re making all the lasses heads turn! Yeah, I mean there’s only like one lass per five square miles around here and at the moment I’m lucky if I spot one in a week... but still! :cool:

Imagine what a pair of twisters will do for the lasses ...................

Before retiring I wore Blundstone slip on boots. Aussie made but like most boots now the soles are bonded to the uppers. When the soles wear out they are done. Union job so had a boot allowance that paid most of the cost every year.
I would have popped for hand made boots that could be resoled when they wore out but the company wouldn’t pay for repairs, just new.
You could check around for a cobbler and see if the cost of hand or is it foot made boots and having new soles done every year for a few years would be more cost effective than throw away boots. Give a local a job to boot. ;)

Guess it's because those new boots have put a spring in your step and a smile on your face that the young ladies are taking notice. (y)

That reminds me....

How does a Welshman find a sheep in long grass?

Delightful.

😁

How does a Welshman find a sheep in long grass?

Those vicious rumours still haunt me...

Ever know how those jokes came about? Back in ye olden days stealing sheep was a crime punishable by hanging so anyone caught in the act would claim they were doing the deed with the sheep and be let off with a far lighter sentence.

I've been impressed with these Dunlop boots, lasted several years worth of resonable, but not daily use, no splits around the sole, so much so I'll definitely buy 2 pairs (maybe 3) so I've got spares - It's always annoying when you find a pair of footwear that's really comfortable and then they get discontinued when you coem to replace them.

I didn't realise that there were so many fancy boots out there. I've been perfectly happy with my DeWalts until I read this thread! :)
I had Site (Screwfix own brand) before, but they were not that comfortable. I was quite glad when they gave up the ghost, TBH.

Last edited:
Yes, mine are , along with a decent removable insole which offers great support and comfort.
Cheers Andy
Hi, I'm also looking for new boots and have lost faith with the site jobs mentioned above, they give up too easily. I want stitched soles for repairability though I did revisit my youth by trying a pair of dm's which are too narrow on me. I, too loved the Blundstone pull-ons and bought my first pair cheeply in Oz but like a lot of brands I reckon they got spotted, became fashionable and went down hill, the third pair I had didnt last. I will take a look at the Carharts mentioned, their work clothes are pricey but definitely better quality than the dumbo pocketed regular stuff and I like to buy for keeps. Any other suggestions gladly received.
If the grass is long doesn't that mean the sheep is dead... that makes it something else..... smelly wellies?

I've had a pair of Buckler dealer boots for years (part time weekend wear only though). Leather has worn through over the RH toe cap (which'll be me kicking stuff) but otherwise still fine. Can't say if they are any better or worse than the other brands mentioned already, but I'd buy again. They now seem to do versions with rubber up over the toe cap which would help my kicking stuff into place wear issues.

Back