Word or two of praise for a dealer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbingley

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a line or two, to praise a dealer over a repair.

I bought a Record PT260, the one with the electronic braking system.
I bought it cheap because the dealer told me that Record where clearing old stock ( the machine was new), so got it for £345 inc VAT.

Unfortunately it broke down after only a few uses.
Rang the dealer who told me to bring it in for him to look at.

Long story short, I picked it up today after the dealer had put in a new motor & switch under warranty.
It now has the mechanical braking system from the new model fitted, I'm well chuffed.

The man who runs the shop (Dave) is very knowledgeable about the products he sells & is also a very nice chap to talk to. Bought quite a few pieces from him & always found him helpful.

D B Keighley

http://www.dbkeighley.co.uk/

Chris.

I bought a SIP table saw from the same supplier. The mobile base I bought had a couple of parts missing. Rang Dave, no problem, they should arrive any time :)

Go visit them, it's a real traditional machine shop, and the advice is excellent.

I'll be shopping there again.

I went into DBkeighley this morning for some supplies, I told Dave this post was here. He wrote the web address down and will probably have a look later.

I agree with you all, A very helpful guy. I bought a Jet Wetstone sharpener from them the other day. It came without the diamond truing jig, meant to come as standard with the machine. When I went in this morning, Dave said "AH! I've been waiting for you to come in, you're missing a part from that shapener arn't you."

Now thats customer service... I didn't even have to tell him it was missing.

I also ordered another jig for the sharpener on thursday and he had it for me by friday.

Bravo DBKeighley.

Der_Goalie":1tvj40yv said:
Dave is a top bloke. Very helpful, and very knowledgable.
I've got to agree, even though I've never bought anything from them (yet)

I emailed six different firms for a price delivered on a Sedgwick 571 Morticer or Clone.

That was about two weeks ago. DBKeighley emailed me back within 24 hours, I'm still waiting for the others to reply :cry:

hi, i bought my kity 419 table saw from db keighly £499 18 months ago and found them very helpful 10/10 for service and aftercare \:D/

Latest posts

Back