Woodworkers can look like drug addicts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D_W

Established Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, I had a visitor to the shop who had to use the M.R. before leaving (men's room), and my basement M.R. is of course unisex, but it is dirty enough from using it as a place to wash off metal grinding dirt and filth that my wife advises me that nobody should go in it, especially women.

I didn't think too much of it - one could be embarrassed about stuff like that or just ignore it, or clean the bathroom like one for a civilized area if it's that big of a deal. I do clean it fully from time to time, but the amount of dirt it sees makes it impractical to stay on top of continuously when nobody else uses it.

HOWEVER ...

...the next day, I was in the M.R. playing chess and I noticed that I had a big white box on the corner of the sink that I'd forgotten about. It's a box of syringes with needles, and literally says that "syringes with needles and caps" and nothing else.

I wonder what they thought!! There's almost nothing else in the bathroom except a garbage can. At first, I figure they might've thought "OH....I guess everyone has their vices", and then I realized that syringes probably aren't that unusual for some chronic medical conditions.

I never mentioned anything to the visitor after realizing that - i'm more curious to see if I ever hear anything about it.....

......the letdown real reason that they're there is the bathroom is between my infrequent use material storage (stuff that doesn't live in the shop) and the shop, and sometimes I pick things up and leave them either in the bathroom or a rack outside the door anticipating I'll get them "the rest of the way there".

....and what are they for?.....................repairing furniture and building guitars (occasionally, super dandy for repairs, though)..... For glue.

From that whole post, i want to know about you playing chess in the toilet. Please and thank you.

hah...chess.com puzzles. I was trying to figure out a polite way to say what else at the same time, but I grew up the descendant of farmers, so I have no polite ways to put it. They're all mechanical descriptions.

A couple of weeks ago, I had a visitor to the shop who had to use the M.R. before leaving (men's room), and my basement M.R. is of course unisex, but it is dirty enough from using it as a place to wash off metal grinding dirt and filth that my wife advises me that nobody should go in it, especially women.

I didn't think too much of it - one could be embarrassed about stuff like that or just ignore it, or clean the bathroom like one for a civilized area if it's that big of a deal. I do clean it fully from time to time, but the amount of dirt it sees makes it impractical to stay on top of continuously when nobody else uses it.

HOWEVER ...

...the next day, I was in the M.R. playing chess and I noticed that I had a big white box on the corner of the sink that I'd forgotten about. It's a box of syringes with needles, and literally says that "syringes with needles and caps" and nothing else.

I wonder what they thought!! There's almost nothing else in the bathroom except a garbage can. At first, I figure they might've thought "OH....I guess everyone has their vices", and then I realized that syringes probably aren't that unusual for some chronic medical conditions.

I never mentioned anything to the visitor after realizing that - i'm more curious to see if I ever hear anything about it.....

......the letdown real reason that they're there is the bathroom is between my infrequent use material storage (stuff that doesn't live in the shop) and the shop, and sometimes I pick things up and leave them either in the bathroom or a rack outside the door anticipating I'll get them "the rest of the way there".

....and what are they for?.....................repairing furniture and building guitars (occasionally, super dandy for repairs, though)..... For glue.
I needed a syringe for dealing with woodworm and had to buy a box full from a medical supplier as the local pharmacist would not sell me one. 😱

hah...chess.com puzzles. I was trying to figure out a polite way to say what else at the same time, but I grew up the descendant of farmers, so I have no polite ways to put it. They're all mechanical descriptions.
Seeing an old friend off to the coast. Dropping the kids off at the pool etc.

Seeing an old friend off to the coast. Dropping the kids off at the pool etc.

I'm on Piccard to Riker orders.

"Number one, I order you to take a number two".

My grandmother would say working with the pucker string, or "adjusting the pucker string".

I'm sitting in the chemo room having seven bottles of various concoctions of liquid pumped into me over six hours. This makes me wee around every 45 mins. But reading this thread reminded me of a saying my mom said. She referred to a weak bladder as a 'weak thirteen steps'. I think this referred to the victim walking up the gallows to the hangman's noose where they would often loose their ability to hold it in. Got to go now. I'm sitting on a cigar.

I'm sitting in the chemo room having seven bottles of various concoctions of liquid pumped into me over six hours. This makes me wee around every 45 mins. But reading this thread reminded me of a saying my mom said. She referred to a weak bladder as a 'weak thirteen steps'. I think this referred to the victim walking up the gallows to the hangman's noose where they would often loose their ability to hold it in. Got to go now. I'm sitting on a cigar.

Whatever you're being treated for, I hope you end up being able to come back here and say "I'm cancer free!" and without too much ill feeling.

Your last bit, around here "I'm going to have a turtle soon".

I think the turtle goes the other way, though.

Latest posts

Back