Woodwork courses

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
Michael Huntley has now left F&C as the ed and has expanded his workshop course, details about which can be found here or on his Blog Of course, I have no affiliation with Michael (so there's nowt in it for me) but he's a decent bloke and the courses look very good value (and the 'shop is behind a pub) In case anyone didn't know, he was also the head honcho at Sothebys restoration workshop, so he do know a thing or twelve about antique furniture - Rob

I suspect there's trouble at GMC. Whoever pulled the trigger on that website has probably had the gun turned on them ;)

It's a shame Michael's not local. I certainly like the sound of his Saturday courses. That's exactly the sort of tuition I'd like.

TrimTheKing":2jxgys0w said:
Why has he left Rob?

I really enjoyed the changes to and apprent new direction of F&C under his hand, shame.
Mark - I've been doing a bit of very subtle (do I do subtle?..not sure :whistle: ) arm twisting and have persuaded Michael to register on the forum, which he will do very shortly (I hope [-o< )
Without wishing to steal his thunder, there were 'issues' :roll: with d'management at GMC which came to an apparent head over a certain chisel test :whistle: in the current issue...a case I think of the straw and the camel's back.
That said, there is still no new incumbent in the post as I 'foned the dep. ed. Andrea this morning for a natter and during the course of the conversation I was asked if I wanted to apply for the post :shock: :shock: ... I declined :)
However, there's a new series on joints in the mag that Michael is writing and if you notice in the next article on 'Bridle Joints' they'll be a bit of a half-decent colour washed rendering of one (along the lines of the sort of stuff seen in FWW) done by a certain bloke in Salisbury :lol: and they liked it so much there'll be a lot more in forthcoming issues, so hopefully the mag will progress along in the same sort of direction that it's been going in for the last couple of years - Rob

Thanks for that Rob. Real shame that, hopefully whoever does take over keeps up the good work.

Look forward to seeing the pictures, are we going to see some similar renderings of upcoming projects from that stable... ;)

TrimTheKing":1nh8o23r said:
Look forward to seeing the pictures, are we going to see some similar renderings of upcoming projects from that stable... ;)
Mark - that's the plan. I said to the dep. ed. this morning that I'm happy to do graphics work for other articles on an 'as and when' sort of basis, but that I don't want to get swamped with a whole raft of stuff to do at the drawing board. There will be hand rendered drawings though for each of the articles in the 'Joints' series and I'll submit hand tinted stuff for my own pieces that go into the mag...no horsey pics though :lol: - Rob

I also liked the way F&C was going and Michael seemed to be taking the mag in a good direction, I hope they pick themselves a good Ed otherwise I will think about cancelling my sub

Michael was doing a good job - I'm sorry to see him go. Hope the management don't have plans to dumb it down..........

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Back