woodturning magazine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul-c

Established Member
Reaction score
just got the december issue (it is still october isn't it ) and the cover image is very disturbing !!! :lol:
i think it might be somebody we are all aware of over here :roll:
joking apart i have been enjoying his articles and like the walking canes he has turned.
keep up the good work =D>
cheers
paul-c

it would have been nice if you mention the person in question, i dont partake of this magazine so therfore dont know who you are talking about, but as you say walking canes, and i have only seen one person make them, it must be Richard Findley..

sorry steve i didnt want to spoil it for anyone
but you are correct first time :D
cheers paul-c

Front cover??!! OMG :shock:

There has been talk of a cover but after the last two were tool shots I thought I'd missed it!

Not had my copy through yet, it usually comes the saturday before the official release date, religeously, but not this time. Maybe it'll come today. I'm looking forward to seeing my new series of articles in print.

Glad you have been enjoying my last series, hopefully the new series will go down well too!!

Thanks for your comments

Richard

They got your best side as well Richard. :lol:

Bit of a strange way to hold a gouge though.

john

Got it today! Quite pleased with it I think :D

John, you have no idea!! I was so contorted in an effort to get a good shot which included the bowl, me, the tool and some flying shavings. In the shot I'm actually cutting across the face/rim of the bowl (which I wouldn't do) standing in a position where I can't really see what's happening (which I wouldn't do) with my knees bent and leaning at a wierd angle but still achieving a bevel rubbing cut with flying shavings (how good am I :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: !!)

The photo shoot was good fun and quite interesting but I wouldn't want to do it every day!!

WH- subscribe direct, there is usually a discount. Details are inside.

Cheers

Richard

Is it in the shops yet?

I'm just getting back into turning (again) having set up a turning club at school, this would be great for kids to have a look at as well. Do you reckon that they'd be willing to send some back issues for my club? I guess it's worth asking.

Aled

http://goo.gl/rqZ16

Thats where I bought my 12 month subs from, you seem to get a pretty good discount (hope I never broke any forum rules there, I have no interest in it for financial gain) Just like the mag... and they do back issues

Richard

Congratulations on the front cover, I am pleased for you. Your a great turner and a great bloke, so well done you deserve it.

Hi Richard,

Well done on the front cover mate, really pleased for you.

I have had a browse through your section but will read it in more detail soon, if I can have 10% of your drive and committment then it'll be a good thing! :D

Cheers,

Lee.

Latest posts

Back