Woodturning courses

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joethedrummer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi to all you woodspinners,
Just had a two day woodturning course at Chris Childs in Essex with a couple of other real nice woodspinners,, made a couple of sweet little items,, but best of all
,,,,,,,,OVERCAME THE FEAR OF THE SKEW CHISEL,,,,,,,
Now off to the shed ,,,will try to make sure I don"t get SKEWered,, (sorry !!)
joe,,,

Hi Joe,
A few hours tuition can do wonders to boost your confidence. Another way is to join a good hands on club although they are few in number.
You will find members with various levels of skill who are more than willing to pass on their skills and experience.

Hi There glad you enjoyed your course, I wish I could get to a club or a course but being unable to drive because of a medical disability I can't get to one so learning from a book and dvd (Woodturning, A foundation course by Keith Rowley) and trail and error. Hope you have many happy hours of turning now you have lost your fear of the Skew Chisel.
Tom

Hi winemaker,, I got so much from the course,,and sure Keith Rowleys book has been one of my guidances so far,, but that "hands on" guidance is what I need,,
Hey ,,if I lived near you, I"d take you to a course,,
(p"haps my sign in should have been "winedrinker")

back from the shed and a"int been "skew"ered
joe,,,

My Tuition was Done at woodyturners and its taught me a lot the different teqneques you pick up from experenced turners is very rewarding ,looking at his posts here brings a little bit more confidence in myself it is well worth the effort but beware there is some real little adolfs out there I know of one in particular id avoid id rather have pins stuck in my eyes than be in his shop...........LOL
Regards
Bill

Back