Woodturning Blanks suppliers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As an example:

For the first of the projects, I need a burr. I've used the same one before, but cant remember which one it was. Only that its Australian. So asked if I could send a photo of the piece I made for them to identify.

One thing that I do know for certain though. If I posted the photo on here, someone would be able to identify it, and would be happy to do so. Thats the way (especially) British woodworkers/turners are in general. That would also apply to the second project, which admittedly is more difficult than the first.

As regards this second project, I have been thinking of posting a photo on here to show what I would like to achieve, and also get practical suggestions as to woods, etc. Surely though, this info would be possible from a supplier? To post a photo, I would have to start a new thread. For some reason, it does not seem possible to attach photos to this one.

So far, only one supplier has replied.

Flatlander":3b8fy9om said:
As an example:

For the first of the projects, I need a burr. I've used the same one before, but cant remember which one it was. Only that its Australian. So asked if I could send a photo of the piece I made for them to identify.

One thing that I do know for certain though. If I posted the photo on here, someone would be able to identify it, and would be happy to do so. Thats the way (especially) British woodworkers/turners are in general. That would also apply to the second project, which admittedly is more difficult than the first.

As regards this second project, I have been thinking of posting a photo on here to show what I would like to achieve, and also get practical suggestions as to woods, etc. Surely though, this info would be possible from a supplier? To post a photo, I would have to start a new thread. For some reason, it does not seem possible to attach photos to this one.

So far, only one supplier has replied.

There was a company that use to import Aussie burrs into the UK but I believe they are no longer about their web use to be aussieburls.co.uk.

Stile and bates in kent use to have some burrs as well HERE is the woods and here are some of the burrs in THIS section

Flatlander":30vu1vbw said:
First reply received. "We can sell you the wood, but dont have time to help"

What kind of people are these? At least I know that company is not worth dealing with!

I daresay if you went to Tesco and asked the checkout girl what exactly to buy you'd get much the same response. :D

Dalboy":a79wuszg said:
Stile and bates in kent use to have some burrs as well HERE is the woods and here are some of the burrs in THIS section

Stiles and Bates are one of the companies that I have contacted, and have not as yet replied. They do state quite clearly on their website that they do not ship woods overseas. Must be Brexit! :lol:

Edit: As they do not ship out of the country, I can understand the reason they have not replied.

Back