• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Woodrat WR600

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeepBlue

Established Member
Reaction score
All parts shown below included. Selling because I don't use it much. £180 collection from Wokingham

20220227_112129.jpg

20220227_112325.jpg

Is this setup complete ? can't see any cutters or the wood locking handle , Does the manual have a parts list that you can check to make sure it's all included,
Also as you are a 300 mile round trip and 6 hours driving ( and £80 in diesel ) I would need this sent if you can parcel it up . I can arrange a courier for collection or a drop off at the local shop
Thanks

Just hope it's not to complicated for numpty me :)

Last edited:
Is this setup complete ? can't see any cutters or the wood locking handle , Does the manual have a parts list that you can check to make sure it's all included,
Also as you are a 300 mile round trip and 6 hours driving ( and £80 in diesel ) I would need this sent if you can parcel it up . I can arrange a courier for collection or a drop off at the local shop
Thanks

Just hope it's not to complicated for numpty me :)

Sent you a PM mate

I have been in your position a few times but I kept hold of my woodrat because on the occasions I have used it, it has often been for those jobs that cause the biggest headaches and it just seems to deliver when you are really stumped. They are a really good tool and the one bit of advice I can give is to mount it to a solid wall but higher up and make a fixture on which to stand, the extra height can be very helpful when working on the ends of longer pieces.

Thanks for the comments. I was hoping for a local collection, only because I prefer doing things face to face, then both of us can make sure we're happy before anything changes hands. I'll probably leave it a few days, but then if no one is interested I'll box it up and be open to shipping it.

As for why I'm selling it... I've used it mostly for dovetails, mortices and tenons but I've found preferable ways to cut these joints. If I ever have the time for dovetails on, I much prefer cutting them by hand as I enjoy the process more. For tenons I built Matthias Wandel's quick set tenon jig a few years back and love it, so the woodrat is now surplus to requirements.

As requested, here is the page in the manual which details the parts. I've checked through and it's all there.

20220228_122753.jpg

The wood clamp wasn't visible in the other pics, so here is a closeup

20220228_122644.jpg

Back