wooden worktops

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymar

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at worktops from "Worktop Express"for our kitchen. Does any body have any knowledge of them? Their prices seem very reasonable including cutting

Used them a few times for 40 mm oak worktops. Prompt delivery and good quality.

I have no problem using them again.

I'm currently refurbishing a bar and we're using the 40mm Oak tops from worktop express.
In my opinion they can't be beaten on price and value. There are better worktops out there, but not at the prices from WTE.

Bought three 40mm oak tops for use as display counters in a shop, as the others have said excellent products and service, recommended.

I have their iroko tops in the kitchen. They're great, look superb and cheap.

I used iroko because oak just wants to turn black at any and every opportunity.

I sealed them with three coats of Sadolin IP67 2-pack varnish, which is designed for gym floors etc. It's hard as nails. I know the usual way is oil, but the varnish means pretty much zero maintenance and they still look very good. Mine have been in over a year and look exactly the same as the day they went in.

Excellent company. I found a small ding in the top of a maple worktop on delivery and they arranged a replacement immediately and without quibble.

They offer worktops with different width staves as well. I've not tried the wider ones but am interested to see what they are like.

Good service. Good delivery. Good pricing.

Well it looks like i'm the only person who wasn't happy!

Ordered 4 x prime european oak worktops of varying lengths. Big knots in them. Lots of filler. Differing thicknesses (not great when you have a butt joint to do.

Don't think i'd order again - would rather make my own.

Back