wood sale and demonstrations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(hammer) Bump!

.....just in case you missed it :lol:

...it's too cold for gardening :p

If the weather is anything like ours at the moment Graham, & the water in your area is anything like it was on the 19th when I stopped off at Godmanchester you had better put the dingy on the roof of that mobile palace of yours and be prepared for a few days away. :lol:

Decided to go over to the M.A.C open day today,and the sun did shine once again on the righteous :lol:
Had a very enjoyable few hours their.
We went and found Graham (Oldsoke) out first,who very kindly gave us a tour of the site,and a look at Mikes new toy,giant Bandsaw,wouldn't have minded that in the garage,i mean workshop.
Loads of timber to choose from in log form,plank,or blanks.

Then Graham introduced us to louise,a very talented turner,who was turning a nice piece of Walnut,and had the time to explain what she was doing.As you can see she takes all precautions necessary.
I did like the Powerecap she was wearing,a lot lighter than the Trend airshield.

Louise on the Perform lathe.

Just some of Louises turnings.Very nice indeed.

Then we let Graham get on with some of his own turning.
This was just the start of a small vase he turned.

And this is it almost finished.
Very nice.

A good selection of chisels,gouges,etc.

All in all it was a very enjoyable afternoon.
Just like to thank Graham for taking the time showing us round :D

Thanks Paul, it was a pleasure to show you and your lovely ladies around the place :wink:

Good pics, Louise's work is exceptional, especially so when you know she only turns at MacTimber open days :shock:

The walnut 'square' bowl was beautiful to see when she'd finished sanding up to 3200 grit!!!

So glad you enjoyed the day... with hindsight we should have made it a mini bash :wink:

Oldsoke wrote
The walnut 'square' bowl was beautiful to see when she'd finished sanding up to 3200 grit!!!
I'm sure it was Graham.Would like to have seen it finished,so hopefully she post a piccy on here.
And
with hindsight we should have made it a mini bash
Yes Graham that would have been a mini bash :lol:
To be honest our visit was just a spur of the moment thingy,after listening to the weekend washout forecasts.But am now glad we did make the effort :D