MAC Timbers Open Day

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there!! Then sunday lunch in Fotheringhay.

:lol: Sounds like a good plan Rob... I'll think of you whilst I eat me butties :roll:
(The Falcon?)

Yes - the Falcon, fantastic sunday lunch, see you there..

Sorry you couldn't make it Rob... hope the food was a good as I remember it :wink:

I was there but you were on a break when I was in the village hall, I think. I picked up some oak, ash and sweet chestnut - and my wife bought a door wedge from the nice lady next to your stand!! Sorry I missed you, are you at the next one in November?

Sorry I missed you too Rob! I was prob having a nicotine fix :wink:

Glad you bought something from Molly... she's quite a prolific pyrographer!
(and a lovely lady)

Yep, I'll be there on the 30th November... all being well :wink:

Did you get a chance to have a look at the timber stocks way down the field?

I went along and enjoyed it.
Louise Hutton showed me how to sharpen gouges on the new diamond steel wheels and let me do some turning :)

Mike proudly showed off his wood yard and mill.

I'll try and post some pictures in a day or two.

Well worth a visit

Glad you enjoyed it Pete... get any bargains?

did you make it into the village hall?

I've had some good deals from Brian Jackson in the past...stock varies but usually some choice tools... and the occasional gem :wink:

I used Louise Hutton's diamond grinder at the end of the day... just to see how it performed versus the other white wheel grinder:

Very little heat generated despite quite long contact with the wheel ...I was sharpening a small skew and would have expected some blueing on a traditional stone.

Very disconcerting not to have sparks! Which meant the it was over sharpened... good bit of kit nonetheless :wink:

I don't have any details of where she bought it unfortunately but understand that it certainly wasn't a cheapie :wink: :

Latest:

I've put some raw footage of the open day on the front page of MAC Timber's webpage:
http://mactimbers.co.uk/

The occasional 'fluttering' on the edges of the pic result from taking out the camera shake :roll:

:!: Note the next one is on 30th November (the webpage is still advertising yesterday :oops: :roll: )

oldsoke":198w6v33 said:
Did you get a chance to have a look at the timber stocks way down the field?
No, I went i the yard but didn't know there was anymore!! What did I miss?

Saw those at Westonbirt, £80-120 seems to ring bells. I know Claud (La Truciolara) was coveting the ones on the stand near to him in the CHT tent.

Will be interesting to see how well the plating/bonding stands up, especially if they suffer the odd accidental mistreatment.

I liked the fact that they were of solid turned form rather than fabricated

Mike usually does a demo on the saws down the sawmill ...stacks of timber!!

Chas didn't look that closely... it was the end of a loooong day :wink:

You've captured some great shots there Pete =D>

On your other pages... those goblets yours? (Very Stuart King :wink: )

Back