Wood burning Pizza oven

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe you could make one out of cardboard pizza boxes and bear cans ?

maybe you could make one out of cardboard pizza boxes and beer cans ?

Talking about beer cans and cardboard boxes......When I built my wood-oven I used cardboard as a form to lay my bricks on. I went down to my local wastesavers and gave the foreman a fiver to get me 12 sheets of clean cardboard from the skip. These I turned into 24 half-moon shaped interlocking fins (1m x 50cm). these fins were covered with strips of newspaper(the daily mail) that were dipped in a mixture of flour and water to make a solid form which I built the dome on.

Talking about beer cans......this is how you cook a chicken in a wood-oven with a little help from a beer can........

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f25/bee ... -7331.html

Terry (C.F)

I run regular workshops on Pizza Oven Building and have well over 300 ovens built to my design. I also build custom ovens for clients from time to time. I produce a range of tools to use in woodfired ovens also. I am visiting the UK later in the year and would love to run some workshops if suitable interest was shown and a venue could be found. I have a Facebook group page for those interested in finding out more................"Build your own Pizza Oven"[http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=379534261200]

cannyfradock":gpdoatei said:
...these fins were covered with strips of newspaper(the daily mail) that were...

I wouldn't want anything that poisonous near food.

;-)

BugBear

Happy new year to all good folk of the UK Workshop.

Many thanks for all your help and advice last year when I was trying to set up an info/interactive forum for people wishing to build their own wood-fired ovens in the UK. With your encouragement and a lot of research I was able to assist many people in 2010 and in-turn they returned the compliment by sharing their wood-fired oven builds with us with comments on every stage of the build along with a full picture diary ( about 15 builds in total).

I would love to add a link to your forum on my site, if that's OK with the Admin here.

Again...many thanks and all the best for the UK Workshop in 2011.

Terry

Cannyfradocks update.......

UK WFO forum is going strong with 8/10 builds underway at the moment all giving detailed photo's and stage by stage comments. No Cob oven builds so far (this year), but Pompeii oven builds, Vault oven builds. modular oven builds and a few individual Quick fix builds.

This may come across as a spam post, but in all honesty it's an invite to a non-commercial forum to any wood-fired oven enthusiasts who needs a bit of free advice on building their own wood-fired oven.

Out of respect to UK Workshop......and besides, it's very rude....I wont include a link....but help is out there for anybody that want's it.

Regards....

Terry

cannyfradock":16u8jci3 said:

Intriguing - the centreing (or falsework) was in place when the steep part of the walls (that would probably be self-supporting) was being done, but removed when the apex was being done.

When I looked at the early-stage photos I though the centreing was carefully designed to be removed through the firehole...

BugBear

Both the Errol Brick Co. Ltd. and Raewell Firebricks Ltd. here in Scotland can do these bricks. I know the Errol Brick Co. make any bricks to order, as they only use traditional brick making methods, this allows them to match new bricks too size/colour and compound, for which they are famed.
I'm not so sure about Raewell, but with firebricks in there name, one would assume?...bosshogg :)

Back