Wolf

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominik Pierog

Established Member
Reaction score
Old scrollsaw work 3mm Plywood 35 cm x 42 cm
wolf_by_decodrew-d3daqpt.jpg

Laser cut 3mm Plywood 150 cm x 150 cm
wolf_in_progress_by_dominikpierog-d95riuw.jpg

3mm birch plywood.
This work is cut off pieces put on black stain. An next glued to 3mm plywood board using a template.
152cm x 152cm overall thickness 6mm.

1 week preparing project
1h cutting on laser cutter
30-40 minutes removing elements
3 weeks of finishing and assembly.

In this work i used cut off pieces so joined together take a lot time. Next work using template and black coated plywood is easy. You don't must find exactly element and glued it in exact place. You have only 2 board one with cut off wolf and next coated in stain with wood glue. So gluing it together take only 1 hour.

Trick.
If you want make something similar.
You must add to stain a wood glue. After dry it will not messing everything. In cut outs I don't use wood glue. And when i try glue it to board, fresh wood glue dissolved stain. Everything become really messy. Also moisture on your hands will dissolved stain.

I put glue stick to ease disassemble pattern and glued cutouts.

Pattern from : Wildlife Portraits in Wood: 30 Patterns to Capture the Beauty of Nature

Amazing!
Think of all that work...I suppose the hardest part is putting it all together.
Yet somehow, I think it's a little bit "cheating" to use a laser cutter...
But since I haven't got a laser cutter, I don't know how much work goes into preparing it.

All the same, it really is excellent.

Bruce

Make something like this on scroll saw I think is impossible.
My Excalibur Ex-30 today have problems with wood piece length 80cm

I thought this forum was for scroll saws, laser cutting is more of a computer thing , I understand that you put a lot of work into it ,but I think you are on the wrong forum

Back