Wire Brushes For Dremel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikegtr

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to buy brass and steel wire brushes for the Dremel. The Dremel made ones are to expensive. Has anybody found a cheaper make that last awhile? Reading reviews on the cheaper brushes the brush wires will fall apart. What have you used and liked?

I am looking to buy brass and steel wire brushes for the Dremel. The Dremel made ones are to expensive. Has anybody found a cheaper make that last awhile? Reading reviews on the cheaper brushes the brush wires will fall apart. What have you used and liked?

Personally, I use the Dremel originals, even though they ARE expensive, just as you say.

I've tried cheaper one but they tend to shed (wire) "hairs", usually at higher rpm, so the loose hairs go "anywhere/everywhere". (Of course, always use safety specs/googles).

BTW, IME the official Dremel ones do that too, but usually only after a fair period of use. Some of the cheapos I've tried started shedding hairs within the 1st few minutes of use.

A lot does depend on how hard you press the rotating brush into the work piece though.

HTH

well, of course you realize that many "brass brushes" are just steel with brass plating. Magnet works well to detect that deception...

Suggest you visit a "jewelers supply" firm for true brass brushes, which are available in fine/coarse flavours. here's on fine brass brush
1718071488812.jpeg

fits on shafts like this
1718071582552.jpeg

The store I visit in Calgary has adapters to alllow them to fit on various motor arbors and threaded shafts.

And maybe I'd be preaching to the choir, but the electrical devices that hold these little screw arbors , I expect everyone know the ain't called grinders, but rather "dental lathes" and they come in various sizes flavours.

Dremels are the smallest, and although useful, are to me underpowered, and oft time bits and bobs are on terribly thin shafts which are prone to break at inopertune times.

In between I have the foredoms.

Got a bunch from lidl which seem fine, only used a couple. These are the sort of thing where you need to work out how much better or longer lasting the expensive ones are for me I don`t use it often enough to care. However, I will always buy proper known brand sanding belts and sandpaper because I find the difference worth it.

Haven't found a decent alternative.

Agree with the safety warnings. Didn't notice the cheap ones shedding wires until after I stopped. Luckily it was Winter and I found them embedded in my jeans and thick jumper. Leather apron has helped a lot - safety glasses are a minimum though - visor/face shield would be better in my opinion

Agree with Ollie about sanding belts & discs. I was tempted by the price of those in Aldi but just not worth it - either the backing "paper" tore after a few minutes, or chunks of the abrasive tore off. And I was using the stuff "sensibly"! Just NOT worth it.
And Stanleymonkey is also dead right IMO re a full face visor.

Latest posts

Back