WIP - trug

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the finished article.

4599033450_ea4e838ca5.jpg

And in use (for books, in the end)

4599034392_8d11257175.jpg

Very nice. :)

I like this kind of "organic" design. And yes, very nice looking table too. I would be more than happy have one of those to my cottage... 8)

Thanks for all the comments. Having 'proper' woodworkers approve does wonders for my confidence.

It's finished with a few coats of danish oil. I'd like to experiment with different finishes on things, but I have a very limited budget. (That's one reason for this style - minimal costs!)

I'll post some pics of the tables I've made. I want to try and sell some pieces, but short of making enough to display, I have no idea where to start.

Incidentally, if I wanted to sell that trug at anything approaching value for the time it took, it would be upwards of £200! I was only too glad to hand it over.

Trugs are rather nice items to make. I have built a few and they have been very popular. Here is one I made:

trug1.jpg

That is a very nice trug you have made. I particularly like the use of the branch for the handle. Really adds to the rustic look of the trug. Well done :D!!!

Regards,

Michael

Latest posts

Back