WIP Competition Entry "Chess Table" FINISHED

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very good and you left a little space in the drawer to put the Bourbon biscuit prize for the winner of the game. Most considerate

devonwoody":etfn3ra3 said:
Looks perfect to me.

Here we go again, how do you push the drawers open, over time surely a pressure area will show up?
Well I did intend to add some knobs, I have bought some very small bronze ones that I like but Swmbo don't like then so It's stale mate, excuse the pun :lol: I have found it's actually easier to remove the drawer completely to play a game, and as each piece is taken it's easy to put back in the drawer. :)

After seeing Woodblokes new thread for "Competition Entries" I've been trying to write the submission up. I thought 350 words would be plenty. :shock: First attempt 659 after heavy editing I got 495 :shock: So rewriting it got it down to 385.... nearly there, so with some more editing I have finally got it to 350 words exactly. :lol: It could have done with the 380 to be complete but rules is rules as they say. :cry:

Well then, if you're all done we'll let you set the example to follow with the first post in the Competition thread! :twisted: :wink:

OPJ":1v2vau6h said:
Well then, if you're all done we'll let you set the example to follow with the first post in the Competition thread! :twisted: :wink:
I don't mind posting first :sign3: :wink: I've got to do the couple of pics with no background clutter, so expect the submission later today :lol:

Having to edit it so heavily means I lost a lot of detail on how it was made, things like sizes how I made the mouldings, how I made the drawer insert. My first attempt was very informative the final script is more like an Ikea flat pack instruction, i.e. bloody useless. :cry: :roll:

I'm so impressed. The design, speed of build, quality of build and the finished result.

LN, you and your workshop should be on the telly. I'd watch.

Jon

jyates":3sueuvhq said:
I'm so impressed. The design, speed of build, quality of build and the finished result.

Jon

"You and your workshop should be on the telly."
2073430971_896897fb5b_o.gif
Which program then? Oops or Youv'e been framed? :lol:

Lord Nibbo":30gbbr6c said:
jyates":30gbbr6c said:

Jon

"You and your workshop should be on the telly."
2073430971_896897fb5b_o.gif
Which program then? Oops or Youv'e been framed? :lol:

it could be real time like 24 - one hours cabinetry a week

big soft moose":3ouyustu said:
it could be real time like 24 - one hours cabinetry a week

I like that idea, as long as we don't lose fifteen minutes of each hour to adverts! :x Split-screen could work well - Nibbo on the planer in one, dust swirling in the extractor in another corner... Now, we just need two more shots! :D And, of course, as is obligatory in the world of 24; when Nibbo leaves the workshop, the sh*t hits the fan!! :D :wink:

Back