WIP ash built in wardrobes newbies first furniture

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roger,

I'm afraid that as I was building this for myself over time I haven't really kept an eye on the budget.

The original stash of wood and ply was about £280. I have since ordered another £100 of wood but won't use all of it on this project (especially if I get my new bandsaw which means I don't have to thickness down 1" boards to get 1/2" planks).

All of the drawers run on blum motion slides. I can't remember how much they came to, but it can be worked out as they came from Isaac Lord.

Add in glue, finish, handles etc. etc. and I think the final figure will run to around £500 but that really is a guess...

In my next project I'll keep a much closer eye on the costs..

HTH

Robin

Very nice ! I have a feeling you've worked with wood before :D

Excellant Robin,
To think this was done outside. I'm just imagining the savings on dust extraction equipment, heating, humidity control, lighting etc etc :lol: :lol:

Hope you will share with us your kitchen build.

Andy

I'm just imagining the savings on dust extraction equipment, heating, humidity control, lighting etc etc

Yep, add to that the fun of looking up at the sky in horror as the rain clouds roll in and having to pack everything up and shift it inside pdq before it all gets soggy!

I certainly will share the kitchen build. I have to design it first which, being a computer geek by trade won't be that bad but I've really made a rod for my own back 'cos I got hold of a Mark Wilkinson catalogue and showed it to my intended... She wants all of them :(

My biggest problem at the moment is one of location. The wardrobe build is in Bristol and my workshop is now in Lincolnshire.. A 4hr drive to find out the bits you've just made don't fit.. :cry:

your luckier then me.My shop is in Germany , had to go to Oslo - 16 hr drive and 1 hour ferry, only to get there and find that Ileft something on my bench :oops: :evil: Will now have to go back in January and finish the job.
Luckily, the client wants another 5 pieces restored, so not a total loss :)

Robin

Brilliant work.

BTW, I checked out the Mark Wilkinson showroom in Harrogate recently. I find it hard to believe that people actually use those kitchens to cook food in! I'm sure you'll put them in the shade, though!

Regards.

Don't you just love these guys who put up piccies of their 'first' project :) :)

Think I'll join one or two of those with arson in mind :cry: At least I'll be able to collect on the insurance :wink:

Seriously Robin, very nice work. When you move on to library shelving units I'll be watching...............been planning one of those for about a year now :wink:

I think it's an amazing piece of work and from the way you talk makes it sound easy, yet I'm sure it must have had its problems too. And to think you did it on a patio! I work in a double garage with a fair selection of tools and would be proud with what you've achieved. I'm thinking of re-doing our kitchen so look forward to seeing how you approach yours.

9cat

Latest posts

Back