Winter's over?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digit

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it's Groundhog Day today and a Groundhog certainly wouldn't see his shadow round here! It's P***ing down!

Roy.

WTF has a squirrel half way around the globe in a totally different weather system got to do with our weather. :lol:

I predict at least another month of cold & rain then its will brighten up for a warm spring.

Except in Wales were it will wee wee it down all through the year as per usual :lol:

I've never looked forward to the arrival of spring as much as this year, must be getting old, seems like last summer was in another lifetime it was so long ago. On another note ,one of my favorite films Groundhog Day

lurker":1gddsvnn said:
I predict at least another month of cold & rain then its will brighten up for a warm spring.

You know what you can do with your predictions...

Alan Jones":1sy4wwf6 said:
Whos kidding who. I used to be as strong as a horse and now at 48 I've got so many ailments Id be on my last journey to the vets if I was a dog :( Turns out all those things your mother advised you to do and you took no notice of were right. As they say, youth is wasted on the young, they dont appreciate it and I now nearly need an oxygen mask after doing once what I used to do all night :wink:

Snap, tho I'm 30 :roll:

Sorry Wizer meant to start a new topic and accidently posted in this one, hence the deletion, Damn I'm turning senile as well :oops:

Well, the dark days are going; I wake up to the dawn chorus in the morning and the truce amongst the birds around the pond has ended[1]. Spring must be here.

the biggest reason that I know that spring is here is that we finally bought the kids sledges thus ensuring that there is no more cold weather ;)

[1] During the cold snap our pond/fountain was the only water around that was not frozen, we had a great time spotting birds we do not normally see in the garden. even the blackbirds called a truce amongst themselves and the dominant one allowed others near his pond. Of course as soon as it all thawed he chased off all of the competition to his prime patch ;)

Not a lot Lurker, accept that the tradition was carried across the pond from Europe. Here the Badger takes the place of the Groundhog, and by the way, it doesn't rain here all the time, we normally get Sundays off! :lol:

Roy.

Ah, well you see Jack, we have a different breed of Groundhogs round our way! :lol:

As someone who" left Old England for ever".all this discussion on "if winter comes, can spring be far behind" almost makes me homesick --almost.
Here in Victoria OZ, Feb is our bad month and we look forward to March, but as is bleedin obvious, for different reasons. Last year 46C and deadly fires; this year 35C but very high humidity. Both times it's a matter of retreating to the house and putting on the air conditioner. You complain about the rain whilst we, who have had drought for at least ten years, look hopefully for even a shower.
Funny old world, ain't it.

Jerry

Latest posts

Back