Why is my table saw jamming

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its the blade it looks slightly wonky by a degree or two. Is it correctable, the instructions are c**p and the Ryobi website has nothing on it.

9fingers":3q5gegk7 said:
Hi,

Often riving blades are quite flimsy and can be bent into position but before doing that can you move it is the right direct by putting a paper shim behind the knife and its mounting block?

Bob

I was just about to say - 'Bend it', but shimming is best.

For general set-up, if you can adjust your table in the horizontal plane, relative to the saw blade then:

Drop the table right down and make sure it is a true 90 degrees to the table surface.

Next, fix a point (I use a sharpened 2" nail) to the mitre guide so the point all but touches the blade. Run the mitre guide along the channel, measuring the gaps between the point and the blade at rear and front edges of the blade. Keep checking whilst adjusting the table, until the gaps between the point and blade are equal, at the front and the rear of the blade. Tighten off the table adjusters.

Then line up the fence with the mitre channel and tighten off the fence.

Your blade, mitre-channel and fence should all now be parallel. It's safe to off-set the fence about a thou, so the gap widens beyond the blade. Thus, pinching between blade and fence is avoided.

If you use 'sprung' fingers on your saw, make sure they are just tight enough to keep pressure on the timber, and no more. As mentioned, riving knife should be as close to the circumference of the blade as possible. 1/4" is okay for my saw.

HTH and apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs.

Regards John :)

Latest posts

Back