Whos a silly bo, take 2.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chems

Established Member
Reaction score
Had a right day of it today. My last scheduled day today of a fitted wardrobe, started off taking the doors and hardware off, ready for stain. Sanded everything down, lovely and smooth all looking good. I got a stain which was almost perfect colour match.

Applied a first coat, but it was much darker, to dark, it looked like a fence, so I carried on thinking it would dry fine. It didn't and I'd done both outsides and 4 doors. So belt sander out and its all coming off tomorrow. Tons of work I could do with out plus cost of buying new stain.

:(

pipper :(

Did a similar thing myself with a pine table, did a small section, a bit dark but thought it would look ok when it's finished and dry. Nope, had to resand and buy new stain as well. I felt like a right plonker and another day lost #-o

Tom K":m4harcp6 said:
Would never have happened if you used a Festayner :lol:

Wouldn't it be a kinda green tinge with a dark blue background then?

For £150 per litre I would have thought it would match though...and it comes in it's own box with dust extraction?

Jim

kasandrich":14ygdbhh said:
Didn't the instructions on the stain say "apply a test patch to a piece of scrap or an inconspicuous area"?

Who the hell reads instructions? :lol:

Tom K":1rupb2vy said:
kasandrich":1rupb2vy said:
Didn't the instructions on the stain say "apply a test patch to a piece of scrap or an inconspicuous area"?

Who the hell reads instructions? :lol:

Oh, most people I think.

...After it's already gone wrong.

BugBear

Racers":149c8xc4 said:
things have instrctions :shock:

Pete

I bought a desk fan from the co-op a few years ago. I had to assemble it myself and the thread for the nut holding the blades was "knackered" so I couldn't screw it on. I took it back and got a replacement. The replacement was the same!!!!! :x I took that one back and took a third one home! This one was the same!!!!!! :x :evil: :twisted:

Before taking the third one back I read the instructions and it clearly warned that the nut was infact reverse-thread to stop it coming loose! Thats why I couldn't get the first 2 on :oops: :roll:

Note to self......... Always read the instructions in future! :p

kasandrich":2xn6icym said:

That was the major kicker, it was perfect on the scrap!

The Festainer comment was brilliant btw!

Back