Who let the dogs out?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodgerbaz

Established Member
Reaction score
. . . . well, me actually :oops:

I finally decided what to make for my brother in law's 70th birthday in the Autumn . . . . and will be giving it to him tomorrow (hammer)

I know, I know, I should put it in the cupboard and wait six months but my mum has been in hospital and my sister and brother in law have been absolutely brilliant while I've had to work soooo . . . they're gonna get it now as a joint "thank you for being there" prezzie =D> =D>

Which means I either have to make him something else or get him a ticket to watch that rugby team who play in white :roll:

Anywho, here's their dog Millie (which is a Sue Mey design) but you'd think it was made from a photograph of their dog. It is soooo her.

Barry

Attachments

• Millie.jpg
    Millie.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 994
TBH I couldn't see a dog, then when I stepped back......all I can say is, that is brilliant, very well cut, and I'm sure your BIL will be sooo pleased with it, if she is no longer with us (in your original post you said she was poorly and may not be around much longer) there will be a tear in your BIL's eye.

Baldhead

#-o how stupid am I, your now giving it to both your sister and her husband as a 'thank you' gift, I'm sure they will both be very pleased with it. How about something like this for his 70th?

http://www.123rf.com/photo_13802930_gru ... -ball.html

Thank you for the kind, much appreciated, comments.

They haven't mentioned the dog's health for a while so I'm hoping that's good news. It sounds as though she had a stroke as all one side of her face dropped apparently although she didn't have flames leaping out of her forehead like the posters !!

She's getting on a bit and is fairly high maintenance but she is an absolute poppet and they love her to pieces which is why they are getting it now.

Baldhead, thanks for the link to the rugby player. Although I didn't want to spend £69 to download it, it is a brilliant idea and I'll have a Google moment later to see if I can find something similar. Thank you.

Barry

Hi Barry you've made a great job off Sue's pattern.She gets the eyes spot on.I cut one of a German Shepherd for a friend his dog was blind and sadly now died.Yours and the one that I have done will be there for ever.

Bryan

Thank you for the kind comments :oops:

I Just got back from a short work day 8) and popped in to see my sister and BIL for a coffee. They were both delighted with it and were very appreciative. I love making things for people I care about and get a real thrill out of saying "Here".

Barry

bodgerbaz":1t23dish said:
Baldhead, thanks for the link to the rugby player. Although I didn't want to spend £69 to download it, it is a brilliant idea and I'll have a Google moment later to see if I can find something similar. Thank you.

Barry
Sorry Barry I didn't notice the price #-o Still it would be less than a £1 for every year of your BIL's life :lol: :lol: :lol:

Baldhead

Back