Who has taken them!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO we have not seen the last of the fall out.

I feel we are only really seeing the start.

Unless evreything is just smoothed over (put off) by the pyramid scheme of yet more government debt, there will be significant changes ahead for many.

So, Laura Kuensberg is left wing? Her predecessor as Political Editor, Nick Robinson, a lefty too? Look them up.
I don't need to thanks, they are very popular.
A few dots of blue in an ocean of red does not mix to make blue.

😄

Brillo Pad Neil is in therapy after being shown to be an absolute failure.

I think in todays modern age we need to give people a bit of a break, I'm terrible for picking on Diane Abbott but maybe we need to look a bit deeper if it's stress, mental health, or health issues. Would you have a good giggle at a local teacher or policeman who had cracked under pressure?
I'm as guilty as the rest by the way, but the last year or two has been very stressful for a lot of people.

Is Andrew Marr back at the BBC? I know he left for a while to start up that left wing GB news, or whatever it was called?

Edit : Neil, not Marr.
GB News are definitely not left wing, they''re our very own kitch version of Fox

Aging UK workforce not being replaced by UK youngsters who are told they need to go to university
A good example of another great failure, now university is the norm it no longer holds the esteem for academics it once used to. There is nothing wrong with someone not being academic, being a tradesman is the right direction for many who are better with their hands than floging the grey mater and the days of the technical college need to return, just be hard to find the teachers of the calibre we once had. Then to make maters worse you can now go to university for a degree in drama, flower arranging or animal behaviour and psychology which is a joke, a get out of work clause ut with a large debt.

When you see these students they seem to place more emphasis on the social life at uni than the actual studying, what has happened to when you just slogged your way through the term and just let go in between terms. Now we have a shortage of skilled hands on people like engineers, plumbers and sparks because uni has taught them that life is easier when you don't get your hands dirty.

All these issues have been festering for years and now we are seeing payback as the older generation retire with no one to follow on and it will take decades to put all this right once we get out of the " everyone needs a degree mode".

Pre-Covid, Pre-Brexit shortage of 60,000 HGV drivers
This shows just how unresponsive our leader ship is, they are like a large wilderbeast stuck in a mudhole, they can see an issue approaching and just start talking about it and having meetings and running around like headless chickens, when they next look that issue has impacted and grown to a huge size so they just shut their eyes like a child hiding under the bedcovers because the wardrobe monster is coming and hope it will just go away.

Everytime the news comes on all I seem to hear is that we are short of 100,000 lorry drivers, how can you lose so many that quickly. Did they all retire at once, abducted by aliens, laid up with long covid or what?

If it had been a slow process of loss then surely alarm bells would have been ringing at say 20,000 short and by 50,000 it would have been a national issue so either they have all vanished at once for some reason or we have a country that is out of control and in freefall, who waits until 100,000 short before raising the issue and Brexit cannot be held accountable for this one unless they were all French in disguise!

You obviously do not comprehend how HIRE and CONTRACTOR on international scale looks like, thanking under consideration, that drivers can’t just drive into UK to work as they used to before 54% of this country decided to evict 6 million skilled/semi-skilled workers “back to where they came from” 😂😂😂😂

Media still on about fuel crisis, I'm SE and everybody at work filled up today no issues. No panic as we all had enough last week.

It’s to do with swapping petrol on new type. Mixed up must be recycled.
Why not to drive spooked sheep into buying it on spiked prices? 😂😂😂

This shows just how unresponsive our leader ship is, they are like a large wilderbeast stuck in a mudhole, they can see an issue approaching and just start talking about it and having meetings and running around like headless chickens, when they next look that issue has impacted and grown to a huge size so they just shut their eyes like a child hiding under the bedcovers because the wardrobe monster is coming and hope it will just go away.

And exactly the same can be said about the owners/management of the large haulage companies who for years have relied on cheap foreign labour to drive the trucks. When we voted out it should have rung alarm bells in the transport offices of the land but they also stuck their collective heads in the sand. Why should the government look after private firms and tell them how to run their business? If companies fail due to not being forward thinking ie realising the supply of cheap drivers might disappear then tough, although I would feel sorry for anyone losing their livelihood due to bad management.

that drivers can’t just drive into UK to work as they used to before 54% of this country decided to evict 6 million skilled/semi-skilled workers “back to where they came from”
But that is down to planing, if you know something is going to change and you are going to have a shortage of something then put something into place first, bit like buying a fire alarm after the house has burnt down.

You obviously do not comprehend how HIRE and CONTRACTOR on international scale looks like, thanking under consideration, that drivers can’t just drive into UK to work as they used to before 54% of this country decided to evict 6 million skilled/semi-skilled workers “back to where they came from” 😂😂😂😂

Reminds me. I'd forgotten IR35 changes in my list. Favourable tax breaks for the self employed drivers have been reduced.

No one has been evicted as afar as I know.

Last year everyone was "ohh how lovely", looking out for one another, nature, cake making ................... now it's every man for himself and F--- you.

Amazing how quickly people change.
Guy in front of me yesterday in the petrol queue put in £10 something, bloody daft twot.
I'm a bit sick of it, I'm lucky I'm doing OK, I feel sorry for the grafters on the edge who cannot work any harder but still more goes out.
Taking my guys 10 pin bowling next week and a few drinks just to give em a break for the day.

Reminds me. I'd forgotten IR35 changes in my list. Favourable tax breaks for the self employed drivers have been reduced.

No one has been evicted as afar as I know.

Over 50.000 entry denial since June, on “return” is a “eviction” from my point of view.
How many foreigners were “returning” with no papers (visa or settlement) no one will know. Just pointing out that a thousands ion people, especially seasonal workers, were told “turn around” on French/UK border.

Kids seem to be directed to university these days and lots end up as middle management in an office, I believe 40% never pay the student loan due low earnings.
My son chose a trade (not woodworking), I'm really proud how hard he grafts, I also know he has bags of potential to do really well. I never thought I'd have what I have and it's all been achieved by a trade and a bit of effort. People should be proud to be a trade, a lot earn way more than "professionals".
I think mental health is a real issue these days and the thought of choosing a profession where you have to study for life horrifies me. Trades are great, do your job to the best of your ability, get paid, go home. (yes I know there are rogues out there)
Stress levels on everyone these days seem horrendous.

Last year everyone was "ohh how lovely", looking out for one another, nature, cake making ................... now it's every man for himself and F--- you.

Amazing how quickly people change.
Guy in front of me yesterday in the petrol queue put in £10 something, bloody daft twot.
I'm a bit sick of it, I'm lucky I'm doing OK, I feel sorry for the grafters on the edge who cannot work any harder but still more goes out.
Taking my guys 10 pin bowling next week and a few drinks just to give em a break for the day.

I know what you mean…. I had to send one oldest of the team on furlough; told him to keep using his fuel card and food card as per normal time as in work regardless…
Hopefully not so much cutthroats in the business this crisis time round…. :/

Someone on a different forum that I'm on runs one of the pallet firms that you may or may not have used in the past.

In July, he posted this -

I did post this a while ago but some people just didn't seem to understand.
UK road transport is getting worse not better.
The terrible driver shortage is having a huge effect now. Even starting to effect the big boys like Tesco.
It may come to the stage where B2B deliveries have to take priority over home shopping.
Just been told today that deliveries to EH and AB postcodes through the Palletforce network are taking 5 days on the Next Day service and 3 weeks on economy :eek:
We are lucky in that we use all 6 pallet networks but they are all beyond capacity and some areas are worse than others.. Wages are shooting up as are prices.
Even with higher wages nobody wants to drive lorries. Every kid has a degree now so it is beneath them.
God help us at Christmas.
The Road Haulage Association has warned of this for years. Recently there was a big meeting with the RHA - the Government and the supermarkets etc begging the government for some help. They just don't want to know. Won't accept it is partly their fault with all the red tape - IR35 tax changes and leaving the EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back