Who can crack this?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
My good lady has run over the electric cable and damaged the insulation but I cannot get into the switch compartment of this Panasonic 1500w vacumn cleaner to rewire.

I have removed all the self tapping screws of the compartment but the small electric compartment will not come free.

Perhaps someone here knows the secret or is a member of an electric repair type forum who can provide the trick to this problem.

pictures of problem.
2006_0831panasonic0003w.jpg

2006_0831panasonic0005w.jpg

It might be simply snapped together with no screws holding it. If so you might try working in along the edges with a thin plastic card. Visa or Mastercard will work. ;)

It also might be that you have to remove the rest of the parts to get at the screws. Take pictures as you disassemble it to make sure you can reverse the steps.

Finally, feel all the labels on the machine. It is common to hide screws under labels. If you find holes under labels, use a hair dryer to soften the adhesive and carefully lift the label so you can reinstall it.

If all else fails, cut the cord off just above the damage and install a new plug. Then buy your bride a new extension cord if they are legal in the UK.
:D :lol:

Good luck

Thanks Mark, that last suggestion of yours is brilliant re cutting cord and then using an extension lead.

Why couldn't I think of that one?

Have a look in B&Q or whatever, you'll find in-line cord connectors, to save having to use an extension lead.

Something like this

devonwoody":3cddjm5e said:
I apologise for that clanger I dropped.

No worries. You can call me anything but late for dinner. ;)

Jake's got a good idea. In fact, maybe you can just cut out the bad spot and put mating plugs on the remainder.

Make sure if you are using an in-line connector that you use it the correct way round. The bit with the pins on goes on the cable that goes to the vacuum cleaner. The bit with the sockets goes on the cable to the plug

If you do it the other way around, with the pins on the cable that goes to the plug, you can end up with live pins exposed - definately not recomended!

(I have seen ot done more than once!!).

Regards

Gary

Back