which would be best?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
An elderly lady (82) asked if I would make or cut some blocks 4" high to place under the head of her bed (divan) no head board fitted.

I thought a 3ft length of timber laying on the floor which lifted the bed 4" high (at head end) would most probably be a more stable proposition.

Anyone here with experience of this situation and the best method?

The danger is the bed falling of the blocks/timber length. May be some ply fastened to where the headboard would fix and the two legs then fixed to the blocks/timber would hold everything in place and stand any knocks.
Or make two 3 inch longer square tubes that the legs slide into if leg fixing is strong.

did the same job 4 my gran not long a go
we where able to pull the castors off leaving a "spike"

then a 4/2 with 2 holes drilled in it and the "spikes" just dropped in to the holes

hope that makes sence

andy

I would suggest two Square Blocks with a recess well in the top to locate existing bed legs or castors. (as OLD suggested)

Make sure the bed does not have central set of castors (6 total) as these will need supporting as well.

I`d use a piece of foam under the mattrus cut to a wedge shape.Safety first ,no danger of falling down or out...there Gram is that not nicer :D

When i was a boy my gran needed this doing too,
my father stuck 2 bricks under. :(

Thanks for encouraging replies, I have just thought perhaps a 3 ft length of 4x2 across the topend with some velcro fitted to the underside of bed and timber to stop any drift.

But all versions mentioned above would work.

Back