which table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave323

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a table saw for hobby projects at home, so I only really want a budget/hobby saw.

If anyone can give me some advice about which one's are the best and considering the price. The only one I've tried is the Ryobi RTS2285 which was ok, but I guess for the price its good. I want one that I can store on a bench though really so It doesnt have to take up floor space so I guess this ones not for me. One deal that strikes me as good is the ryobi below you get a miter saw for free I believe. What do you think about this model?
Ryobi ETS-1525SC/2-001 254mm - Lawson-HIS - 187

These are my top 5 'guess' choices for reasons like price, fit on benchtop,
has grooves to possibly add jigs to appearance but thats all I really have to go on ;)

SIP 01321 10" Table Saw & Stand - screwfix - 100
Rexon BT2504AE 10" Table Saw 240V -screwfix - 110
Charnwood CHWW614 W614 10" - ebay/toolsave 149
Draper 254mm Table Saw & 2 Blades 240v - diytools UK - 132
Clarke CTS10D 10" Table Saw - Lawson-HIS - 102 (Clarke is USA i think, could be problems for repair, ect to UK.)

Ryobi ETS-1526AL Table Saw 254mm 240V - diytool - 125
Jet JTS-10 Bench Top Saw Bench - Axminster - 150
Titan SF10N1 10" Table Saw 230V - screwfix 90
Woodstar ST10L Table Saw 254mm 240v - screwfix - 210
Ryobi RYBRTS2285 230 VOLT SITE SAW 12IN - 230V - diytools- 226
Rexon BT2500A BENCH TABLE SAW 254MM - 240V -diytools 195
Nutool MC250 250mm (10") Table Saw - diytoolsUK - 100
Sealey TS10SEW 254mm Table Saw - diytools.UK- 164
Einhell TKS18/250 Table Saw 1800 Watt - diytoolsUK 176

My first table saw was a Clarke one - I bought it for making some decking for my parents, but it wasn't really suitable for what I wanted due to the non-removable riving knife, so it got perhaps 10 mins of usage during the project and then sat in storage for 3 years.

3 years later, I moved house and needed to make a new bed-slat to replace one that got broken in the move. Whilst sawing a 3/4" floorboard, the gearbox on the Clarke saw shattered and that was the end of it. The gearbox was part of the motor assembly and the price for a new motor was just £4 less than the price for a whole new saw. - Because the saw was 3 years old there was no chance of a warranty replacement, even though it had only had 15 mins use.

I scrapped the Clarke and got a Ryobi ETS1825 instead.

I still regard myself as lucky that the Clarke died after so little use. I could have been put off woodworking forever if I'd tried to use it for any length of time.

I'm happy with my Ryobi 1825 for now. It's well suited for my modest needs and folds away when I'm not using it.

i also have a clarke and would advise you not to get one, its horrible to use, 3 times louder than a bus, i try to use it as little as possible until i can upgrade

that deal does seem a good offer, everywere else sells just the saw for that price ans some places more.

the sliding table is a advantage but the only disadvantage is its a bushed motor

depending on what depth of cut you need jet do a 8" bench top saw with induction motor but no sliding table and max cut is 43mm the good thing is its only £80 :D
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Jet- ... 366096.htm

thanks guys, Ryobi ETS1825 looks good but is a bit more than i'd like to pay. Has anyone had any experience with SIP 01321 10" Table Saw? or any other saw?

Speed do you mean brushed motor? What is it?
Do you know why the Jet has only 720W as opposed to around 1500W on most of the 10''?

hi Dave,
As Speed as pointed out the main difference is noise,
an induction motor is quiet a brush motor is usually loud (very loud).
I had the clarke saw £100 ish,now i have a site saw and the difference is a lot (noise wise) :)

also the brushed motor uses bruschs that ware out so as well as the noise theres that bit extra maintinace,

with the power ratings it depends on how its labeled

the jet maybe stating output as the sip maybe input so due to loss etc
see https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... hp?t=21325 for a bit of info

the sip model looks like the mcallister that bnq sells

its looking like the jet is a nice machine for the price. The only downside is Maximum 43mm cut at 90°, 36mm at 45° which is much less than the 10" saws so I would be really limiting my cuts with that

I went with a dw745 in the end. Got a rework from ebay. A bit more money than I was hoping to spend but it seemed to suit my needs best. Only had it a few days but it seems pretty good. It didn't come with a miter fence though.
Will the (dewalt) DW745 standard one be worth trying to look up or will it not be all that anyway? Ive seen a few:
Trend Mitre Fence Complete Alloy
Axminster Router Table Mitre Fence
Kreg Precision Miter Gauge

The slot of the table is 19mm wide which is the same as the axminster. What you guys think?

I would like to know how you get on with the 745 Dave as I have also seen them on E-bay and have been thinking about one for outdoor work for a while. From what I have seen of them they look to be a fine saw and although more pricey than most are worth the bucks. Be interested to see how it works for you. :wink:

yea :D although I am just a hobbitist, I mean hobbyist. Ive done some ripping, the rack and pinion system quite accurate but can go off a deg but unless the cogs and stuff are really heavy duty you will get that. I guess all saws have little niggles to work round. The saw is solid where is needs to be but in some places I was surprised that it was very thin metal and plastic used but its quite light for a table saw and can be lifted without too much trouble. I think my seller is going to send me the miter fence so I can do a bit more stuff with the saw. I guess the miter gauge is pretty important part of a TS, you need it to do every cut apart from ripping?

On anther note tones of timber washed up on the coast here. Massive piles of timber all along the beach :shock: :shock: :shock: I bet your all like why can't I live there!! :) Damn coast guard are patrolling though :twisted:

Ill get some pics and upload of the timber. Hopefully there still loads they have had diggers and what not down there clearing it.

Back