Which Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well - I bit the bullet and re-ordered as the discount is still on ebay. First job for it will be to build a stand for it (that I can connect to the workbench when I build it) and then a sled to hopefully keep me counting to 10 without having to take my shoes and socks off!! :D

Discobob":1tz13979 said:
.......... First job for it will be to build a stand for it (that I can connect to the workbench when I build it)........

Do think very carefully before doing this, Bob. The saw is in the way when you use the bench, and the bench needs to be cleared before you use the saw. I've never seen anyone make this work for long.

I have 9ft of wall (I am trying to make it more but the wife is resisting) to put a bench in - I also want an MFT top on the bench
I will be doing a french cleat storage on the wall along it. We have racking along the other wall where I can store stuff as we are gradually clearing out. I may be able to get rid of one of them eventually

Just to check back in on the angle setting. There's an adjustable stop on both the 90 and 45 settings that you can dial in. Takes all the guess work out of setting the blade correctly. Mine locks bang on once this stop is set.

Discobob":wgowtne1 said:
Well - no table saw coming - I bloody ordered the wrong voltage and the offer has finished now - will have to wait for the next one - FFX won't swap it :(
This is one advantage with dealing with Axminster. You'd have no issue with returns.

I know these site saws are popular, but they are frequently sold by box shifters whose priority isn't necessarily 100% customer satisfaction.

Apparently the returned one made it all the way to our local depot - now been on its way back to FFX since the 19th - I will chase this up this afternoon - meanwhile the correct one arrived yesterday - still sat in the hallway in its box at the moment though

Inutopia":195o9710 said:
Just to check back in on the angle setting. There's an adjustable stop on both the 90 and 45 settings that you can dial in. Takes all the guess work out of setting the blade correctly. Mine locks bang on once this stop is set.

Handy to know - it won't be getting unpacked until the weekend - to have a play with :) in a responsible manner

I have the DWE7485 from the same supplier and like it. The setting up of the blade is not as bad as made out on the same review I suspect you watched on the tube as Inutopia said set it up to 90 lock it then adjust then get a philps screwdriver and lock the cam same with 45 deg and once the cams are set it is set up. I am building a sled for my one with T-Track and stops from bangood. The only negative I would say is the lack of choice of blades of 210mm you will not get away with 216mm as an altrnative maybe a 200,205 or 190 but as these saws are sold more I guess that we will get more choice

Hi Bob (there are a lot of bob’s on here isnt there). My first job is making something to put it on. Just designing something on Fusion 360 and then get the material list and I am going to use 18mm and assemble with pocket hole screws. Then it will be the sled - then build a workbench and also rearrange the whole garage and possibly sell some bikes. Then the staircase will be in my sights for a refurb :)

Back