Which saw blades for cutting veneered MDF?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark.R

Established Member
Reaction score
I am about to start scratch-building our kitchen by using Walnut veneered MDF for the carcasses with walnut timber for the frames,doors drawers etc. I have a Scheppach ts2500 saw bench and an Elektra beckum cross cut saw, that will be doing my final cuts after cutting down the 8x4ft sheets.

I would appreciate advice on what type of blade to replace my existing worn out ones that I had with the saw when I bought them? I was looking in the Axminster catalogue today, and there is quite a choice. Again I would like to know how many teeth would be best for the veneered MDF, as this is important.

Please let me know what you would advise and/or have found to be the best for cutting veneered MDF.

Many thanks

Mark.r

If you don't have a scribe blade then the best advice I can offer is get a blade with as many TPI as you can find. A new fine blade like this should minimise ragging. The only other tip I've picked up is to lower the blade so the tips clear the surface but not much more. This also helps.

That's all I can offer but I'm sure there'll be someone along shortly with more info.

Cheers,

Richard

Two further tips:

1)Make a zero clearance insert for the table saw.

2) Put masking tape along the cut line but make sure you peel it off (carefully!) immediately after each cut to minimise any problems with the adhesive marking the wood.

hth

Bob

I use this CMT one, though it looks like Axi are not doing it now. Recently done 13 sheets of 22mm Walnut with one no problem.

Jason

10 degree hook, alternate top bevel (ATB) and 60 to 80 teeth. The CMT one in the post above would be spot on for this job.

Apologies for not replying earlier to the responses to my query regarding which saw blade, but have been away. Many thanks for your replies to my query. Your advice has helped my selection.

Its worth getting a second opinion on issues, and thats why this forum is superb, as it allows us to exchange hints & tips.

Thanks again.

Mark.r

Latest posts

Back