Which oil finish for Oak worktop counter?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steviegasgas

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have tried a forum search but couldn't find anything helpful. I am building a worktop/counter out of barn dried English Oak, it is not going to be used for food preparation, but needs to be able to have drink and stains wiped away as spillages and tray sliding will happen as it is at the point of sale in a Tea Rooms.
I know it will darken at that area over time but hope to re-sand and Oil when it needs it, as far as i can see I should use an Oil but open to suggestions, on the Liberon website there are various Oils, but cannot decide which one, finishing, teak etc etc.

Hope someone can help, all the best, cheers.

in such a high wear application I don't think I would consider any sort of oil finish. I know they can be refinished, but it wouls surely be better to use something really long lasting. I would be inclined to use some sort of counter top finish or Rustins Plastic Coating, which sounds horrid but can look very natural in satin finish and will last a very long time without the need for maintenance.

Jim

Try OSMO Top Oil... You will have to Google it because it's not letting me post any links.

Back