Which ear defenders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mseries

Established Member
Reaction score
My ear defenders are falling apart and I need some new ones. The choice is overwhelming so I hope someone in the know can help me choose. I need some to use when I use my power tools (2000W router, jigsaw, hammer drill, sanders etc) as well as my drill press and bandsaw (coming soon). I use a half mast respirator and full face brow shield and visor. Because of the latter I suspect I need some ear muffs which have a neck band rather than a head band. [I have seen a JSP polycarb visor with built it muffs so that's a possibility but not sure how good they are]. I was thinking of 3M Peltor Optime II or Optime I but can't determine which will be best.

All other suggestions welcome

mseries":qcmkjrjp said:
I have seen a JSP polycarb visor with built it muffs so that's a possibility but not sure how good they are

I reckon you should try to try before you buy on anything like that - I know it's a different product, but the attached ear muffs on the Trend Airshield Pro just didn't clamp onto my head well enough to work.

I do have a funny shaped head though.

I bought these;

JSP - Monaco Heavy Duty Ear Defender - EN 352-1 - SNR 36 - [JS-AEA090-027-500]
£14.95

from Safety Supply company ltd.

They were the highest rated I could find at what I feel is a very reasonable price.

Very pleased with them, even using paslode nail gun, power saw, planer, SDS drill, etc. (Plus when the missus is watching neighbours or some other tat!!)

The 3m Peltor X4 are my choice. Very comfortable, and good noise reduction.

Monkey Mark":3f25g76r said:
I fancy some that are Bluetooth, but prices are stupid.
You can get ones with fm radio. I use to plug my phone into an fm transmitter (about a fiver) then tune the muffs into that (108 fm always use to work best ) I could listen to music and also hear if my phone was ringing- I quite like not hearing my phone ring now though

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back