Which blade for jigsawing 3mm sheet metal?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Bosch T118. For that thickness you could use T118A and go slowly, or T118B with a coarser tooth count. Use a spot of 3 in 1 oil to aid cutting.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You didn't say how thick? or thin.. Sheet steel tends to get grabbed by the teeth if not fine enough. try to clamp it down with support on the TOP as close to the jigsaw as possible. (use a bit of plank or metal bar) The top support is to stop the jigsaw lifting the sheet if a tooth grabs.

lastminute":vbarza9d said:

I have used 118A 's for that, cutting steel top covers for wood burning fires. Don’t cut too fast speed or feed (penulum just on 1 small swing), but keep it cutting not rubbing.

phil.p":21n2rn5t said:
Which blade for jigsawing 3mm sheet metal?
Is that 2mm ... or maybe 4mm ... I think we should be told ... :D

Sorry. Bad day.

My eyesight is not what it used to be,, seems I missed something :) Having a hard time to read print even on my 32 inch screen.

I normally go with the coarser 118B blades, with a fairly powerful jigsaw....

Might be better with the finer 118A blades if its a smaller jigsaw....

A bit of cutting oil works wonders too.

If your jigsaw has one of those "non-marking" clip-on baseplates like some Bosch ones, don't forget to take it off before cutting steel. Otherwise, it doesn't stay "non-marking". DAMHIKT.

Latest posts

Back