Which Bandsaw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

narrowboater

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an INCA bandsaw, and I was trying yesterday to cut some wet logs for bowl blanks. I tried two blade one 4tpi and one 5tpi, I don't think they have had much use, but the 4tpi blade was not much use, it cut badly and the cut closed up on the blade. The 5tpi blade was better but not by much. I have always got my blades from Axminster.

The question is what would you guys recommend both in blade form and supplier?

regards
Rod

miles_hot":2vn2s80z said:
Ian at Tuff saw : [email protected] is always a good bet

Miles

I'll second that, I recently bought 2 4tpi SuperTuff blades and a vari tooth M42 blade from Ian and i can happily say they are the best blades i've ever used.

If you send him a mail with info on what you want to do, he'll happily recommend the perfect blade for your needs.

Hope this helps

Andy

I have been in touch with Tuffsaws and Ian has recommended two blades, both 3/8 wide.

One is 2tpi for stock more than 2" thick the other 3tpi for thinner stuff, both very aggresive and suitable for wet stock.

I will order one or the other and let you know the results.

regards
Rod

Hi Guys,

Just another vote for Tuffsaws. I had a problem as I wanted to cut steel on my bandsaw using the slow speed and had already stripped a blade in a matter of seconds. Ian recommended a M42 10/14 blade which I must say has exceeded my expectations and cuts both steel and wood beautifully.

Regards,

Mike C

Yes i also agree with Tuff saw blades, Ian is a top guy and really helpful, just got a few blades from him.

Back