Which 1/2 inch router for hand plunge stuff?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeordieStew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have a Katsu and a Triton TRA001 (which I plan to use for table stuff). I'd like to do some plunge work by hand. What would you all recommend?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Draper Expert, powerful enough, but still lightweight, has three LED's in the transparent base which makes things easier and can be found at a good price, I have two that I use in fixed base's on my Leigh dovetail jig, had them about four years and can't fault them.

http://www.tfortools.co/draper-expert-5 ... d-1-2.html

Don't believe the add, it says 6 speeds, its actually variable speed, just has 6 numbers on the dial.

Mike

My Mac opens it without a problem, do a google search, I doubt you will find it for the £149.00 inc postage they are offering it at anywhere else, good luck.

Their tel No: +44 (0)28 3834 4157

Mike

MikeJhn":106kxhlb said:
My Mac opens it without a problem, do a google search, I doubt you will find it for the £149.00 inc postage they are offering it at anywhere else, good luck.

Their tel No: +44 (0)28 3834 4157

Mike

Be aware though that it's only got the one plunge base, rather than the complete kit (that model launched with a fixed base too). They were well reviewed when they came out.

I looked at that site, trying to find a price for the fixed base, but the search is ridiculous. There's a product # given but the search system ignores it.

The Yandles link I posted has both bases for £165.99 if I remember the price correctly.

Mike

Sorry - would never slag-off Yandles. It's a wonderful place!

I meant the earlier link that you posted (tfortools) was only selling the plunge version without the fixed base (which was extra).

That Yandles one looks like a very good deal. That Draper router hasn't gone up much since it was launched, although the T11 has got quite a lot more expensive since I got mine. Rather tempted (four is quite enough routers!, Ed.).

E.

I will see your four and raise you another two. #-o :roll: :wink:

Mike

The Leigh E10 guide bush fits exactly, so if what you call standard are the same diameter they will fit, I will put a mic on it tomorrow and post what dia it is, far too early at the moment, I'm not awake yet.

Mike

MikeJhn":3jsq9akp said:
The Leigh E10 guide bush fits exactly, so if what you call standard are the same diameter they will fit, I will put a mic on it tomorrow and post what dia it is, far too early at the moment, I'm not awake yet.

Mike
Cheers.

Apologies for the wake up! Too bloody warm up north!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back