where to buy thicker than normal 5mm P strip

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpooley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks
Any Idea where i can buy thicker than normal 5mm P strip ?
10mm would be nice
My oak french doors I made on my conservatory have moved a fraction in the middle and the regular P strip only barely touches the door when it's shut.

thanks
\
Mike

Bradshaw Joinery":3rlj6fd3 said:
http://www.marchesironmongery.co.uk/aquamac-33-weatherseal.html

Marches are a very reliable company, dealt with many times, and offer great trade discounts,

Search aquamac in their search box if that doesnt suit.

EDIT,
Thats a bigroll. ebay sells 10m lengths though.

I have the same problems here (100+ year-old big doors, etc.) As a stopgap, you can stick the "E" section underneath the "P" section to give extra thickness. It's not ideal, but it does work.

I've discovered modern water-based finishes stay sticky for a long time after they're 'dry' too. If it's usually closed, you might want to dust the "P" section with chalk or talc after you've fitted it - there's a 6" length stuck to the front door as I type ](*,) . Just sayin'.

E.

Eric The Viking":1402znl4 said:
I have the same problems here (100+ year-old big doors, etc.) As a stopgap, you can stick the "E" section underneath the "P" section to give extra thickness. It's not ideal, but it does work.

I've discovered modern water-based finishes stay sticky for a long time after they're 'dry' too. If it's usually closed, you might want to dust the "P" section with chalk or talc after you've fitted it - there's a 6" length stuck to the front door as I type ](*,) . Just sayin'.

E.

I have noticed that aswell. I used some water based varnish on a bread bin, over 3 weeks later and it still feels sticky. Oh and the lid sticks to the body of the bin if left on for longer than 10 min :twisted:

Next one i make will get coated in acrylic lacquer

Latest posts

Back