Where to buy natural veneer ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sawing/resawing veneers with a tiny table top bandsaw? Forget it, unless you stay with material at 2" and under, even then it will be slow. No amount of messing with guides will improve anything.

Last edited:
I laser my business cards onto paper backed flexi veneer in light Beech. That way you can just engrave and cut them on a paper cutter or with scissors, so no burn around the edge. I use a company called Vale veneers.

I've been to Capital Crispin, when I too was wanting a small amount of veneer. I was veneering the headstock of a bass guitar.
Yes, they sell large sheets of veneer, but they also have a small room with pigeon-holes with small sample sheets. They are about A5 size, they could be ideal for a lot of marquetry. It sounds to me like you could do well to get them on the phone and talk about what you need. I'm sure they can get a range of veneers of different colour tones for you. There's no way this should cost £30 to post.

I have been in the same boat as you recently as I have been looking for a small amount of veneer for an Andrew Crawford box. There are a few places on Etsy that stock small amounts. I have also been in touch with Capital Crispin and have been told leaves are 250cm to 300cm long x 10cm to 30cm wide and minimum order value of £25 + carriage (£20) + VAT for anything smaller look at MCB(marquetry)SUPPLIES

The only other company I found which has yet to be mentioned here is Real wood veneers for sale, great selection, hobbies, marquetry everything I could find as been covered I think

I've been to Capital Crispin, when I too was wanting a small amount of veneer. I was veneering the headstock of a bass guitar.
Yes, they sell large sheets of veneer, but they also have a small room with pigeon-holes with small sample sheets. They are about A5 size, they could be ideal for a lot of marquetry. It sounds to me like you could do well to get them on the phone and talk about what you need. I'm sure they can get a range of veneers of different colour tones for you. There's no way this should cost £30 to post.

You can get up to 5 free samples in A5 size from their website too.

Back