Where to buy Exotic hardwoods and Veneers?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yetty

Established Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations to suppliers with large/comprehensive stocks of exotic hardwoods?

Also same question for knife cut exotic veneers?

Thank you

Don't Philly. Just don't! You'll come out broke! ;)

I am now in the process of rethinking the types of timber I use, but when companies sell these exotic veneers whats the point.
Veneer companies like this are treated with awe, yet we as pro's are chastised for using snippets.

Doctor":1e0iud7i said:
I am now in the process of rethinking the types of timber I use, but when companies sell these exotic veneers whats the point.
Veneer companies like this are treated with awe, yet we as pro's are chastised for using snippets.

I believe these are your toys, would you like me to put them back in your pram? :wink:

You chose snippets of an IUCN red list (endangered) timber, there are lots of exotics that are in plentiful supply.

The range of veneers shown on the Crispins website is amazing.
I enquired about availability of several and all were in stock - impressive.
Thanks for pointers.

PaulO":3vnmi7pz said:
Doctor":3vnmi7pz said:

I believe these are your toys, would you like me to put them back in your pram? :wink:

You chose snippets of an IUCN red list (endangered) timber, there are lots of exotics that are in plentiful supply.

Have a look at the stock in these shops, there are plenty on the red list, but hey if you what to buy from here its up to you, just seems to be a mixed message.
Bit like a shop selling rhino horns and woolly jumpers, if you only buy a jumper from the shop then thats fine. Keep sticking your head in the sand :wink:

Latest posts

Back